What's new

One shortcoming of Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ac66ub1

Occasional Visitor
First, thanks for Merlin give me more setting and functions,that's really good!
Second, in official Asuswrt, we can move mouse to question mark if we don't understand the meaning of setting,I cannot find this in Merlin.For example, Queue Discipline sfq codel fq_codel,I think lots of user don't know what's the difference and how to set this option.

Second, in official Asuswrt, we can move mouse to question mark if we don't understand the meaning of setting,I cannot find this in Merlin.For example, Queue Discipline sfq codel fq_codel,I think lots of user don't know what's the difference and how to set this option.

AIProtection /QOS/Traffic Analyser are closed source , not written by Merlin , not something he can control.

Many of the menu items in the official firmware do not have the mouse over help popups.

Use fq-codel, and if you are stuck, send me a personal message I'll see if I can help you.

Just like the stock firmware, I simply don't add popup help for every single setting, because it would become unmanagable. The Wiki is the recommended source for more complete documentation.

fq_codel and Linux queue discipline is that kind of thing that cannot be explained within a two sentences popup - entire webpages have been dedicated to that topic.