What's new

Ooma Telo Firmware Upgrade Adds Internet Security From Zscaler

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
oomatelo.jpg
The firmware upgrade will add internet security features provided by Zscaler’s DNS-based security platform to Ooma Telo appliances. For a monthly fee, Ooma customers can protect their home networks, including Macs, PCs, iOS, Android and mobile devices from external threats. According to Ooma, updated Telo’s can now block access to malicious or restricted websites using customized rules, protecting users from viruses, malware or spyware in real time.

Pricing for Basic Ooma Internet Security customers in the US and Canada is $5.99 per month, while Ooma Premier customers pay $3.99 per month, however new Premier customers get one year of Ooma Internet Security service for free.​

Do the Ooma Telo's still come with only 100 Mbps Ethernet ports - that's what mine has?

For this reason I have it behind my router - not between router and modem as shown in the diagram.

Otherwise as a Ooma Premier customer I might have been willing to check this at $3.99 a month..........

Yup my Ooma Telo is only 100Mbps, so non-starter for me to put inline. Looks like all they are doing is providing a DNS Blackhole service, which you can get by subscribing to OpenDNS, or do yourself by setting up your own DNS Blacklist using PiHole.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!