What's new

Open Nat, AC87U and Xbox

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My_dogs_White

Regular Contributor
I'm having trouble with getting an open Nat with multiple Xbox console's. I have two Xbox one's that are open. One of them I port forwarded, opening ports 53, 80, 88, 500, 3074,3544 and 4500. I got the second Xbox one open but assigning its ip to the DMZ. The issue I have is a third condole, a 360 that I can't seem to get open.

I'm stuck... any advice would be appreciated.

One of them I port forwarded, opening ports 53, 80, 88, 500, 3074,3544 and 4500.

Don't do that, it makes zero sense to forward these ports to your LAN devices.

"open" is not the same thing as "forward".

Thanks Merlin but I'm not sure what else to do? I have spent hours on google... I'm not even sure its possible at this point. I have two static ip's. I'm starting to think I have to hook up a second router. I admit I know very little about networking but I'm at a loss. Someone that has a clue about what they're doing needs to figure this out and then go on Shark Tank and sell it as there has to be a better way. :)

Thanks Merlin but I'm not sure what else to do? I have spent hours on google... I'm not even sure its possible at this point. I have two static ip's. I'm starting to think I have to hook up a second router. I admit I know very little about networking but I'm at a loss. Someone that has a clue about what they're doing needs to figure this out and then go on Shark Tank and sell it as there has to be a better way. :)

Don't forward any port, and make sure UPNP is enabled. Also disable QoS in case it would interfere.

Beyond that, I can't help you. All I know is that having multiple consoles on the same LAN can get tricky, especially if the same game is run on both. If you search these forums you will find multiple discussions on the topic.

Don't forward any port, and make sure UPNP is enabled. Also disable QoS in case it would interfere.

Beyond that, I can't help you. All I know is that having multiple consoles on the same LAN can get tricky, especially if the same game is run on both. If you search these forums you will find multiple discussions on the topic.

I will try that. I spoke to my ISP and I'm think going to try this. Hopefully it works.

2Wire (bridge mode) ----> gigabit switch, gigabit switch-----> Asus AC87U (staitc ip 1) gigabit switch Asus AC68U (static ip 2)

From there the plan is to get get console open on each Asus router. I'm hoping the fact each Asus router will be assigned its own different static ip will mean they won't interfere with each other. I will try it and I'll report back!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!