What's new

Open Traffic for WAN-Port (DHCP etc)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xenon

New Around Here
Hi,

first: Sorry for my bad english ;-) I try my best!

My Situation: Internet -> (WAN-Port->) ISP-Router (LAN-Port->) -> (WAN-Port->) ASUS RT-AC68U
that means: I have to use my ISP-Router and im going from its LAN-Port to the WAN-Port of my ASUS-Router.

My Problem:
I try to use the ISP-Router only for providing the Internet and i need the WIFI from it for 4 clients (not Radius Compatible). I use the Asus as DHCP-Server, Traffic Analyzer and as my normal WiFi (with RADIUS).
From my ISP comes a hybrid version of DSL and 4G. To manage, who becomes only DSL and who use the combination of 4G and DSL, the ISP-Router needs access to the LAN.
To use the WAN-Port of the Asus router, its necessary to be on different subnets of the ISP- and the Asus-Router.

Is there a way to disable this option or to get a workaround for this issue?

The goal would be, to get the DHCP-Informations over the WAN-Port (same subnet?) or the let the TrafficAnalyzer work on a LAN-Port.

I tried it now for 3 Days and didnt find any way to get it working.

For held i would be very grateful! :)

Greetings from Germany.