What's new

open vpn over ssh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ratte61

Occasional Visitor
hello

i have an rt ac 5300 and the latest great firm from merlin.
i want to spent holiday in ägypt and i want to driver open vpn over the intern shh server of my router-
how please are the settings of the router step by step to work open vpn over ssh, or better ideas to overrule their dpi inspection ??

thanks for your help,i am a neebe here :)

You can use a vpn-service using "tls-crypt" in openvpn the you can bypass theirs packet inspection.

If you use OVPN.com and Singapore then tls is encrypted.
https://www.ovpn.com/

Code:
<tls-crypt>
-----BEGIN OpenVPN Static key V1-----

-----END OpenVPN Static key V1-----
</tls-crypt>
You can contact me for an invitate code, via PM.
@ratte61

You can use a vpn-service using "tls-crypt" in openvpn the you can bypass theirs packet inspection.

That does not work. I've been in Egypt two years ago and their dpi managed somehow to detect my OpenVPN and killed connection.

That does not work. I've been in Egypt two years ago and their dpi managed somehow to detect my OpenVPN and killed connection.
Oki and which provider do you use?

My own OpenVPN server on my router. Configured with tls-crypt :)
Okay, but i suggested a vpn-provider to use from abroad. What I have read on their website is working. They offer a test in 5 hour.

Okay, but i suggested a vpn-provider to use from abroad. What I have read on their website is working. They offer a test in 5 hour.

My OpenVPN server is also from abroad (it is in Bulgaria). It doesn't matter which OpenVPN service provider is - commercial or private (my own OpenVPN server) . If the protection is based only on tls-crypt they will detect it. The same applies for GFW of China. If the Singapore provider you mentioned declares that their service is undetectable, maybe they use some additional measures to obfuscate the traffic. I've read that they provide their own OpenVPN client, so maybe they added some obfuscation inside. There are many methods and applications to implement OpenVPN obfuscation available in Internet, but most of them are effective only for certain period until the Big Brother updates the Great Firewall. This is a never ending game :)

Last edited: