What's new

opening ports after nordvpn client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bigcid10

Hi,
either I'm doing something wrong or the guys over at nordvpn don't have port forwarding
enabled on the service
I just setup nordvpn on my rt-ac88u router 384.89 A3
the client setup fine but ,it won't open any ports for
thing like my nas,bubbleUPnP,etc
is there something I'm missing,as this is the first time I am doing it
Thank you

Hi,
either I'm doing something wrong or the guys over at nordvpn don't have port forwarding
enabled on the service
I just setup nordvpn on my rt-ac88u router 384.89 A3
the client setup fine but ,it won't open any ports for
thing like my nas,bubbleUPnP,etc
is there something I'm missing,as this is the first time I am doing it
Thank you
Sadly NordVPN does not support port forwarding - see https://nordvpn.com/blog/port-forwarding/ - "Port forwarding and triggering could work with a VPN protocol in general, but not with NordVPN. Our apps block almost all port communication from within your device except for the ones most commonly used by popular applications."

Sadly NordVPN does not support port forwarding - see https://nordvpn.com/blog/port-forwarding/ - "Port forwarding and triggering could work with a VPN protocol in general, but not with NordVPN. Our apps block almost all port communication from within your device except for the ones most commonly used by popular applications."

Well that sucks,I guess I didn't think about that ,I thought it was a given
Thank you

Does anyone know if PIA or another service does ?
I just checked expressvpn doesn't for the 88u,but they say they're working on it
Unless they're a workaround ?

Does anyone know if PIA or another service does ?
I just checked expressvpn doesn't for the 88u,but they say they're working on it
Unless they're a workaround ?
I use Torguard and they allow port forwarding. I think you are limited to how many you can forward unless you pay a bit more than the yearly subscription.;):)

I use Torguard and they allow port forwarding. I think you are limited to how many you can forward unless you pay a bit more than the yearly subscription.;):)
Opinion : Do you like the service ?
Is it a fast server connection ?
Thank you

Opinion : Do you like the service ?
Is it a fast server connection ?
Thank you
Love the service, great support, as far as speed it's no different from anybody else, depends on router, configuration, server location, etc.