What's new

OpenVPN 2 servers running question/issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JeffV

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am running the merlin .51 on a shiny new AC3200 router. I've gotten everything set up similar to how I had it on my old RT-N66U running TomatoUSB, but I have run into a bit of a glitch on the OpenVPN server setup. I have historically run two instances, one TUN for my phone/ipad etc. and one TAP for my laptop. I created all new certificates, and the only change in config is enabling HMAC TLS-AUTH bi-directionally.

I had great success connecting to the TUN last night, as well as to the TAP, but this morning, I have discovered TUN has stopped and when I restart it, the "give the server a few minutes to finalize config" message pops up. It has now been going for 3 hours, wondering what I should do. I'm afraid to reboot (almost bricked a router doing that once)...

An alternate question - is there a better way to do this? Not familiar with IP Routing, though looking through some posts and seems like it shouldn't be that hard (famous last words) to set up.

I use the TAP to access all my shared drives etc and to be on the same network as all my home devices.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,
Im having exactly same problem, Had to reset router to default and reconfigure again but as soon enabled second vpn router stop working. Will appreciate any help.
Thank You

I waited a good while, then switched from general to advanced settings on the spinning Server 1, then hit apply again, and it took and haven't had an issue since.
Hopefully something similar works for you...

Yeah, sounds like your nvram is filling up. The firmware does not handle that very well. The wiki article is a good idea for a workaround