What's new

openvpn - additional auth with pass?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WetMacula

New Around Here
Merlin

Thanks for all you hard work. Using the latest FW, I moved the VPN server from a NAS to the N66U tonight. I can follow instructions and know just enough to be dangerous. Fortunately, everything is working. When connecting with clients I would like additional authentication with a login/pass prompt. Read the following howto and it appears a plugin is required.

http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html#auth

Is it possible to do this on the N66U?

Also, is it difficult to add an enable/disable/edit buttons to the port forwarding table? If not, that feature would be really convenient.

Asuswrt isn't a full-fledged Linux environment, so it doesn't have PAM for authentication handling.

More advanced port forward edit options (editing/disabling) would be tricky. The disabling option would most likely break backward compatibility with Asus's original firmware (which I want to avoid), and the ability to edit them would require extensive rework to the HTML pages, which would make it quite complex to update to newer versions of Asu's code. I'm not ruling it out entirely for sometime in the future, but as long Asus makes regular FW releases, I want to minimize the work involved in merging newer code into the project.