What's new

openVPN client - AP mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Taimoor

New Around Here
Members,

I have a question. I have an AC68U and have loaded up Merlin on it. Looks good, but I needed some advice on what I am trying to do.

I have a separate router and switch that serves up my DNS and does the major lifting on the networking side. I use the AC68U in AP mode, and have my primary router give out the DHCP leases etc.

Id like to setup an openVPN client tunnel on the Asus, so that all Wireless connected devices would use that VPN tunnel. I dont want to use router mode if possible. Ive read somewhere that I can do this with merlin and id like a confirmation.

If not, then my second best option is to setup two SSID's one with regular access and one with openVPN. I see some guides on how to do this, but still need to do this in AP mode if possible.

As it stands, in AP mode, I dont see any of the configurations for VPN etc.

Any other creative suggestions or help will be greatly appreciate. Im fairly tech and networking savvy, just not familiar with all I can do with the Asus,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!