What's new

OpenVPN issues with RT-AC88U: 382.1 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alons

New Around Here
Hello experts.
After experiencing some issues with the latest stable version 380.68_4 on AC88U (resolving addresses became very slow and occasionally timed out, worked fine on _2, but that's for a different thread), I decided to give a try to the latest beta version on my AC88.
Everything is working ok so far, we are back with normal behaviour/speed, except for the OpenVPN server.
I noticed 2 issues: the EXPORT (client.opvn) file does not include the server certificate and keys (it has to be added manually by cut/paste), this was not the behaviour in the stable builds, and i wonder if it's a bug or a feature, either it's easy to work around this problem. 2nd issue is that i cannot authenticate to the server, it initiates connection, but times out on "connecting". After some trial/error i was able to connect by setting, user/passwork auth. only, which is of course not the desired mode of work, but do provide me with a temporary solution.
I wonder if anyone experienced similar issues.
thank you,
Alan.

It's a bug in the certificate validation code.