What's new

openvpn server users dissapeared

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

weslsew

Occasional Visitor
I rebooted my 86U this morning, and noticed that after the reboot, I was unable to connect to the openvpn server and was getting an auth failed error message. I tried both usernames I have setup and neither worked. I thought to try logging in as "admin" and was able to connect just fine. I then went to openvpn settings and noticed that both of the openvpn users I had created were gone. Any ideas? Merlin 384.10_2

I rebooted my 86U this morning, and noticed that after the reboot, I was unable to connect to the openvpn server and was getting an auth failed error message. I tried both usernames I have setup and neither worked. I thought to try logging in as "admin" and was able to connect just fine. I then went to openvpn settings and noticed that both of the openvpn users I had created were gone. Any ideas? Merlin 384.10_2

Maybe the reason for the reboot is a clue?

Ok this gets even weirder. While I was in the router, I noticed that jffs was full. Apparently traffic monitor was storing data there instead of on a flash drive like I had set up before. Got that squared away and did another reboot and the router revereted to factory settings

Ok this gets even weirder. While I was in the router, I noticed that jffs was full. Apparently traffic monitor was storing data there instead of on a flash drive like I had set up before. Got that squared away and did another reboot and the router revereted to factory settings

No, that explains it actually. Running out of storage or RAM and the router chokes. Glad you know what it was at least.

The RT-AC86U stores some of its settings in the /jffs partition. if it gets filled/corrupted/reformated, then those settings will be lost.