What's new

Opting Out Of Cisco Connect Cloud

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cisco is not a lock - enterprise and the carrier business sectors, it's a competitive landscape, and I've taken my new business elsewhere.

Funny how things roll downhill...

The problem is that a lot of CIOs and IT Managers aren't willing to risk their job to entertain an alternative. "Nobody ever got fired for choosing Cisco."

Over the years, I've done bake-offs of Cisco vs. Nortel, Juniper, Fortinet, Adtran, and dozen other players who've come and gone.

Pretty much all of them can outperform Cisco and pretty much all of them can do it in a smaller, MUCH cheaper footprint.

The problem is that going with anybody other than Cisco is a big risk. The average CEO or CFO has never heard of Juniper or Nortel. But you can bet your butt they know who Cisco is.

I see it every day. Every time I tell a customer that there are other hardware vendors out there, they say "well, if I select someone other than Cisco and it fails, I'm getting fired. No thanks."

EDIT: Sorry for the necro! For some reason, this thread showed up with new activity and I thought it was current.

Last edited:
The problem is that a lot of CIOs and IT Managers aren't willing to risk their job to entertain an alternative. "Nobody ever got fired for choosing Cisco."

Over the years, I've done bake-offs of Cisco vs. Nortel, Juniper, Fortinet, Adtran, and dozen other players who've come and gone.

Pretty much all of them can outperform Cisco and pretty much all of them can do it in a smaller, MUCH cheaper footprint.

The problem is that going with anybody other than Cisco is a big risk. The average CEO or CFO has never heard of Juniper or Nortel. But you can bet your butt they know who Cisco is.

I see it every day. Every time I tell a customer that there are other hardware vendors out there, they say "well, if I select someone other than Cisco and it fails, I'm getting fired. No thanks."

EDIT: Sorry for the necro! For some reason, this thread showed up with new activity and I thought it was current.

Problem I've had with Cisco support is that they figure out how much you might have to spend then charge twice that.

Then next month, their services division is competing with me on a bid.

Problem I've had with Cisco support is that they figure out how much you might have to spend then charge twice that.

Then next month, their services division is competing with me on a bid.

Oh yeah.

My employer is one of Cisco's largest partners and is a quite recognizable technology company. Our brand recognition is on par with Cisco I would say, but our "marketing" arm penetration into IT departments isn't.

They "partner" with us all the time and then turn around and do shady stuff behind the scenes and undercut us if it is to their advantage. Of course, even when I was on the buying side of the equation, I saw them do a lot unethical stuff to win my business.

I'm not real fond of Cisco, at all.

Locking thread

Enough guys. Start another thread if you want to bitch about Cisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!