What's new

Overclocking on RT-AC68U with 384.7 not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dileep Agrawal

New Around Here
Any ideas on how to get overclocking working on RT-AC68U running 384.7? I am using JFFS scripts to set clkfreq to 1200,666. This is working (verified by nvram show after reboot). However, BogoMIPS is not changing (remains at 1595). What am I missing? Thank you.

I have done it in bootloader 1200/800.
easy done with 2 commands and so stay permanent, if it wont boot with what you set its bricked, so only good for well tested rates.

FIRST try second command-line and run bogomips to verify, if ok make it sticky with first cfe-line (see next posting)!

Last edited:
Here is how to make it stick: example to set clkfreq to 1000,800 . This works with stock ASUS firmware and I'd suspect it also works with Merlin. BTW, 1200 may be dangerous and if your CPU overheats, it can be very difficult to change to a lower freq since it also exports the new clkfreq to the bootloader.
Code:
nvram set asuscfeclkfreq=1000,800 && nvram set asuscfecommit=1
nvram set clkfreq=1000,800 && nvram commit && reboot

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!