What's new

Padavan & N56U firmware UPNP won't start anymore

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rexxxx

New Around Here
Hi, I flashed yesterday a router to the Padavan & N56U firmware and every think had worked fine. Than I saw, that the UPNP Server had not updated the folders and I pressed on refresh in the web interface since that the upnp server won’t start any more.

In the system log is no fault message, it said he is started but I can not reach him over port 8200.

Have some one a idea how I can start the upnp again?

Files from the HDD still, with SMB, accusable.

I tried following things:

- Restart of the Router

- Switch off and on of the upnp Server

- Rebuild Database

Hardware Info:

Router: Asus RT-N56U

Firmware Padavan 3.4.3.9-091

HDD: 2TB

Hi again,

I learned in the last hours more about Bash commands and now I had a telnet connection to the router.

It look’s like, that the file system of the external HDD is damaged.

Minidlna can not delete the cache folder.

Also had I try to delete this folder by my own, using rm –rf but he can not delet the folder.

In the cache folder is only one sub folder media which can’t be deleted. I also tried it with sudo.

I had read that this can happen when the file system is damaged.

The used system is NTFS is there a possibility to fix it without having access to the hardware and connect it to a Windows computer?

Hi again, after chkdsk of the hard drive works minidlna again.

Now I had a power cut and minidlna can not start with the same message.

Is that just a problem of this version from the Firmware or is the database just instable?

What can I do to prevent that error?

Hi again,
I tested yesterday with different HDD’s, USB Sticks and Firmware versions.

What I can say now, if I’m using a NTFS Hard drive and force the UPNP server to rebuild an existing Database with the web interface of the Router, he destroys the database and parts of the file system. That happens with three different HDD and one USB stick in NTFS, on all three available Firmware versions.

Now I had changed the format to FAT32.

When I connect the HDD with the Router, he needs now round about 4 min to scan the HDD.

In that time, the router can not be reached with the web interface and the DHCP Stops working.

After this time every think works fine again. I can rebuild the Database and the automatic actualisation works well.

I think that had solved the problem.

The next question is now, is there a possibility to isolate the Guest WLAN also from the UPNP Server?

Maybe to gif the guest WLAN it’s own IP Network.