What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm currently on OpenWRT, and I am not having a good experience with Wifi, so I am thinking of moving back to Padavan. I am a little confused about the current state of things. Is there a new version still coming soon? If so, is it actually going to support the rt-n56u? What would folks suggest for that router at this point?

I appreciated these builds for a long time, but I just switched to using the RT-N56U as an access point/switch only. I am feeling good about the way it is functioning back on the latest (beta) stock firmware. Is there any compelling reason to use something other than stock for basic AP duties?

Hello,
Could You tell me how to set vpn bridge between two rt-ac51u? I have set vpn server with public ip, and at second location vpn client - vpn connection work perfect. But I need to bridge vpn to ethernet port, now only WAN get IP from VPN serwer, but i need one of my device connecten by ethernet to have IP from VPN server. Any sugestions? Maybe there is any script which i can use in section "Run the Script After Connected/Disconnected to VPN Server:"?

Hello everyone, been using this firmware for about 2 months now and it's been great.

I have one problem that happen's with the official and padavan firmware and that's my lan port's keep locking themselve's to 100mbit and my internet is 210mbit so i have to log into the router and power off the lan port and connect to a different one then power it back on then connect to the old 1 and sometimes that works or i need to keep changing between the 4 ports.

I'm pretty sure my router is dying but has anyone had this problem???

N65U + Padavan firmware. I read WiFi power level (6 stages) are in EEPROM and firmware independent.
How can I increase power levels (if this possible)?

Just got a brand new RT-56U and looking to put Padavan because i hear it is the best. I just wanna make sure i grab the right download.

What is the best firmware to download that has all the features?

Thanks so much

Just got a brand new RT-56U and looking to put Padavan because i hear it is the best. I just wanna make sure i grab the right download.

What is the best firmware to download that has all the features?

Thanks so much

I would also like to know that. Is it 097 or 095 that is the latest stable one? And which one is the best to download (base, full, dlna etc)? I don´t need anything special, I just want it to work properly.

I would also like to know that. Is it 097 or 095 that is the latest stable one? And which one is the best to download (base, full, dlna etc)? I don´t need anything special, I just want it to work properly.
If you don't need anything special, base will be fine. the latest now is 098.

Sorry if this is a n00bish question, I can't find a clear answer for it anywhere:

I'm running Padavan's latest firmware, RT-N56U_3.4.3.9-098_base, on a network with several Macs. I'm interested in using some of the NAS functions of the RT-N56U with a connected external HDD, as an alternative to Airport Time Capsule, for network backup. Is this possible with the RT-56U, on any firmware, and how? will the router recognize an HFS+ formatted drive, or does it have to be EX-FAT?

I'm interested in using some of the NAS functions of the RT-N56U with a connected external HDD, as an alternative to Airport Time Capsule, for network backup. Is this possible with the RT-56U, on any firmware, and how? will the router recognize an HFS+ formatted drive, or does it have to be EX-FAT?

I just loaded Padavan's firmware a few days ago and have yet to use the NAS functions, so I am basing my comments on my experience with the NAS functions I've used on routers running TomatoUSB, DD-WRT, and AsusWRT Merlin. Generally on drives attached to routers you will see the best performance if your drive is formatted as EXT2, 3, or 4 (I use EXT3). EXT is one of Linux file formats and all these different firmware flavors (Padavan, Tomato, etc...) are Linux underneath.

I don't see any mention of HFS being supported by Padavan, but EX-FAT, NTFS, and EXT2/3/4 are listed as supported: https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n5...eader-firmware-builds-for-router-asus-rt-n56u so theoretically a drive formatted as any of those will work for sharing files to your network. I'm not a Mac user so I can't comment specifically on Time Machine/Capsule, but I will note that Merlin's firmware (and the Asus factory firmware) for the RT-AC68U has a section for enabling Time Machine functions on the router: http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1004458/. Also this post suggests it is possible with Padavan on the RT-N56U but the link it points to is missing https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.asp...U&id=20120927100533571&page=1&SLanguage=en-us