What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi there, I've bought a Samsung CY-SWR1100 router. I understand that I can load Padavan's custom firmware as per http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=268169. However, I wanted to know whether I can load the latest version too as listed in https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u/downloads? And if so, which one out of the latest, such as *base, *full, *nano and so on. Or on the other hand are the compatible versions limited to the ones listed in https://app.box.com/s/2wxyv4cjdgd52m4a1wzd? Thank you for your help

I have a device (maybe more in the future) that I want to put on a VPN (airvpn) but I don't want other devices using the VPN unless I specifically want them to.
My setup is as follows:
Modem/Router/Gateway is 192.168.1.1 - DHCP Server 192.168.1.100 - .180
Switches, Wireless Ap's, Computers, a Printer and Phones all 192.168.1.x, most DHCP, a few fixed LAN IP
I also have an ASUS RT-N56U router not currently being used.

Can someone tell me if my idea is feasible-
Flash the router with Padavan
Configure the WAN side to an unused 192.168.1.xxx address or DHCP from my gateway
Configure the LAN side to a different address like 192.168.2.1 or 10.10.1.1
Setup openVPN or install OpenVPN Connect (if possible) which has "Seamless tunnel" (no traffic allowed outside the tunnel)
Connect the WAN port to my gateway
Connect the LAN port(s) to the device(s) that I want on the VPN
Will that work ? If so, are there any issues I may need to deal with ? Is the ASUS Linux based ? Android ?

Hi - i have just installed padavan (full) on my N65U and I am now having problems with getting my PS4 online via wifi. I have tried setting up port forwarding - did not fix it. The router is connected to my fibre 100/100. I have another connection in the house - an adsl connection with a Sagem router - if i use that there is no problem connecting the PS4 on wifi . If I connect the ps4 directly to the N65u with a Lan cable i am able to get the PS 4 online.
The n65 is 2 meters from the ps4 so that should NOT be the problem.

The ps4 only use 2.4 GHz - i also have a Surface Pro 2 which cant get online when connecting to the 2.4 GHz on the N65u- it can connect to 5ghz - and it is also able to get online on the 2.4ghz connection on my Sagem router (adsl)

All ideas appreciated.

Hi - i have just installed padavan (full) on my N65U and I am now having problems with getting my PS4 online via wifi. I have tried setting up port forwarding - did not fix it. The router is connected to my fibre 100/100. I have another connection in the house - an adsl connection with a Sagem router - if i use that there is no problem connecting the PS4 on wifi . If I connect the ps4 directly to the N65u with a Lan cable i am able to get the PS 4 online.
The n65 is 2 meters from the ps4 so that should NOT be the problem.

The ps4 only use 2.4 GHz - i also have a Surface Pro 2 which cant get online when connecting to the 2.4 GHz on the N65u- it can connect to 5ghz - and it is also able to get online on the 2.4ghz connection on my Sagem router (adsl)

All ideas appreciated.

Change the region code to something else. If u r in the us, try changing it to usa instead. its set to europe by default. good luck

Does anyone know how to limit the wireless speed without QOS? We have someone on the wireless 2.4ghz network that frequently uploads and maxes out the 14mbps upload speed I have and it makes everything come to a crawl and stutter.

Hello, I had a router tomato and used this tutorial to get "airplay" working on my old f7d8301.
But now I'm using an RT-N56u with Padavan's firmware
It is possible to have shairport or MPD running on Padavan?
How to? Please. :)

Last edited:
You need kernel audio modules, which is not compiled by default. Kernel modules should be compiled with firmware, so...
Short answer: no
Okay, I recompile the firmware adding CONFIG_FIRMWARE_INCLUDE_AUDIO = y and flash my router
What to do now to have Shairport / MPD?
Apologies for the questions, but I am a complete noob with Linux/Entware/Padavan.

Finally sold my N56U and move on to AC router. Thanks for the firmware, it was good.
Sadly newer AC Routers with other firmware arent as stable as Padavan firmware is so lets hope that there something else the broadcom that Andy (lead dev) finds interesting to that Padavan moves forward.

Had a RT-N56U for 6 years ditched the original firmware almost right away for Padavan never had major issues ran like clockwork but the charger went bad so it was time to move on.

Bought a RT-AC56U ditched the original firmware there too for Merlin sure its stable-ish but not like Padavan.

for 6 years ditched the original firmware almost right away for Padavan never had major issues ran like clockwork but the charger went bad so it was time to move on.

Bought a RT-AC56U ditched the original firmware there too for Merlin sure its stable-ish but not like Padavan.

what about VPN configuration in padavan ? my original RT-N56U had 3.0.0.4.376 which had VPN client tab to configure but latest 3.0.0.4.378 doesn't have any more , How to proceed.

Thanks a lot, Which version is best for 8MB flash RT-N56U? Present is Plug and play How about post flashing configuration difficulties (win 10) . will restoreing setting is enough? just curious how about 3.0.0.4.376 fro RT-N56U?

Hi all,

I just picked up the RT-N56U.

Can someone confirm two (2) items for me.

1) Padavan's f/w is only for RT-N56U with hardware version v2 (MediaTek MIPS 1004Kc@880MHz), and not for hardware version v1 (Ralink MIPS 74Kc@533MHz)
2) Determining the h/w version one has: My UPC label has on it:
  • H/W Ver: A1
  • F/W Ver: 3.0.0.4.376_3637
  • MFG Year: 2015
I assume this means I have the older, v1 hardware and can only use OpenWRT as a 3rd party replacement.

Thanks

Mine is also HW:A1
FW: 3.0.0.4.374.4561(stock) giving better than 376. or 378 (bad 1)
Year 2014
Flash memory 8MB ?

Also worried about post flashing Configuration for PADAVAN