What's new

Parental controls for entire guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jay42k

New Around Here
Using Merlin 378.52_2 on an RT-AC3200. Works great. Parental controls work fine ... but ...

I have parental controls set up for my kids' devices. Works great. What I would like, however, is to set up a Guest Wifi such that when their Friends come over, their friends too are subject to the same rules. Since the Asus Merlin web interface requires me to use MAC addresses, this becomes kludgy when a group of friends come over. Essentially, I would like to:
-- Time scheduling by Guest Network/SSID (currently can only do this by MAC address in AIProtection\Parental Controls\Time Scheduling)
-- DNS Filtering by Guest Network/SSID (currently can only do this by MAC address in AIProtection\DNS Filtering)

Any help is appreciated!

I have blacklisted all ip's all ports to all ip's all ports from midnight to six in the morning in the firewall settings both for tcp and udp. Thus forcing even myself offline at midnight so I can get some sleep :p

There might be a bug in it though because I've noticed that if a netflix stream is running it continues even when the blacklist becomes active. And Skype somehow stays connected but web surfing stops working. Maybe something for Merlin to investigate if he can find the time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!