What's new

PC Wakes From Sleep

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logic Bus

Occasional Visitor
I noticed two or three months ago that my desktop Windows PC wakes from sleep without any apparent input. I think it's waking because of network activity, but this is not my area of expertise.

I also own several Wemo AC switches. Today I believe I heard the computer wake up and the Wemo switch make its "turn on" noise at the same time. (It was already on.)

Is it possible that the router is occasionally sending traffic to every client, and this is causing the PC to wake from sleep?

I'm running Merlin 378.55 on an ASUS RT-AC68P.

I noticed two or three months ago that my desktop Windows PC wakes from sleep without any apparent input. I think it's waking because of network activity, but this is not my area of expertise.

I also own several Wemo AC switches. Today I believe I heard the computer wake up and the Wemo switch make its "turn on" noise at the same time. (It was already on.)

Is it possible that the router is occasionally sending traffic to every client, and this is causing the PC to wake from sleep?

I'm running Merlin 378.55 on an ASUS RT-AC68P.
Under Power management on the pc Network card properties make sure the
"Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer"
box is ticked.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!