What's new

PCE-AC68 Windows 10 Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello guys ! I had the same problems while downloading with P2P, and there is a new driver from asus website since two weeks !! 7.35.351
The latest driver isn't good?
"Version 2.1.4.32017/06/14300.81 MBytes
Release note: - Fixed the compatibility issue with world of tank. MD5: 50BAE05F3D532E971FC752609E909C65"
Is that the one you installed?

I'm currently using 7.35.317.3 dated 2/3/2016 which has been without issues. Should I avoid ASUS's 2.1.4.32017?

Edit: I installed it. The driver is 7.35.351 dated 10/17/2016. I did a Quick speedtest and performance looks ok on both bands. However there could be some stability issues as it took awhile to connect to an AP.
I'll do a long term test on these and report back it causes any BSOD or issues.

Last edited:
No they are good, they are dated 10/17/2016, the very latest.
I just restarted my PC discover it installed a Wireless LAN Control Manager which crashes right off the bat with a "10.17 is not a valid integer value" error.
Do you have the error with their utility ?

You are from USA ? I dont have this utility installed, I wanted to, but it doesn't install it. I thinks it is because I'm from europe. My folder Asus in program files is 187MB but it doesn't have the utility inside.

You are from USA ? I dont have this utility installed, I wanted to, but it doesn't install it. I thinks it is because I'm from europe. My folder Asus in program files is 187MB but it doesn't have the utility inside.
I just reinstalled the driver and it didn't installed the utility the second time.
I don't think it's a big deal. The issue is you can only enable Turbo QAM with the utility. I have no idea if that option is in the latest version. It improves 2.4Ghz beyond the 216Mbps limit. I also notice the 5Ghz signal is weaker with these drivers.

Hi! At last I got to test out the solution to this mess. My problem was that I did not get access to correct channels for my country, Norway. In addition, several drivers were unstable. I found that 2.0.8.8 worked stable, and also had luck with 317.1 and 317.3.
To get the possibility to select country, inf had to be edited. In common section, the semicolons have to be removed from the language option itself and for those countries you like to be able to select. In Windows 7, one will have to accept a prompt to install altered drivers. In Windows 10, one has to start pc with advanced option to disable driver signing. After that one has to accept same prompt as in Windows 7. Works fine now. One has to wonder why Asus or Broadcom did not make country-selection an option. I get 600Mbit link on 5GHz, 216Mbit on 2,4GHz in my location a bit far from the router. Driver:317.3

I've had my newly built desktop crash on me for weeks at a time, sometimes coming as far as a normal boot, otherwise having to resort to safe mode. I've pretty much updated every device, driver and chipset there is, but still it screwed me over with crashes. It all started with that horrible, horrible piece of sh*t software from Asus. I've downloaded several versions of said driver, from the newest one to the oldest able to handle 5Ghz connections. There is one crucial thing I forgot about: Windows update.

Eventually I came here to find a solution, and just to help people out who still, like me, are at a loss why in 2019 this bloody thing wasn't ever fixed, here's my solution based on all your input:
0) doublecheck, via device manager, the driver version you have installed. It is highly likely it is a 2017 version if on an updated Win10 machine.
1) download the 2.0.8.8. version from the asus website, select win 10, select view all, and download the last one in the list. check to see its 2.0.8.8. Do not install it yet.
2) Uninstall the driver of the PCE-AC68 through Device manager. You will lose your internet connection, so step 1 is important.
3) restart the computer in safe mode - without networking (shift click the restart button through windows start)
4) install the 2.0.8.8 driver from step 1.
5) important: when succesfull, immediately disable the automatic download of system drivers. press the windows key and when the start menu pops up, start typing 'device installation settings'. A menu item will appear, click on it.
6) click on 'no' in the following prompt. It says some really ambigious stuff about 'manufacturers apps', which just means drivers.
7) restart the computer.

I got the drivers to work several times, but noticed way too late that windows update would overwrite the stable drivers all the time, and as such kept crashing the pc again and again. Do keep in mind that windows update won't download drivers anymore, so keep your computer up to date on your own.