What's new

Performance Loss After Update to 382.1_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Foxer8185

New Around Here
Has anyone experienced any issues regarding performance degradation with a RT-AC3100 after updating to 382.1_2?

I updated the firmware last night and my speed has gone from a reliable 20- 45 Mbps on wireless down to 10- 12 Mbps. I have plugged directly into the router itself via ethernet cable and have received the same speed results.

Leading up to the initial firmware update I attempted to login to my router and was unable to do so - like an idiot I could not remember the login. Smh. Left with not other choice I reset the router by hitting the red button, reset everything, and proceeded to flash with the updated firmware.

This process went smoothly and I went about configuration. In a nutshell, AiProtection is off and Adaptive QoS is on. NAT is enabled. There were some other minor settings that I have changed on the router, but none that should of impacted performance to such an extent and all were in place prior to resetting and updating.

Once I remove the router from the equation and connect directly to my residential gateway, I can obtain the speed provided by my ISP of 45 Mpbs. My gateway settings have not changed and it is currently set in DMZ-Plus mode (All traffic gets sent to the router with the router taking a public IP).

I have attempted to unplug the router and gateway several times. I also re-flashed the router with 382.1_2.

I've included some imported speed test results, the first is from my laptop where you'll see at the bottom of the image I was getting my full bandwidth plugged in to my RG, followed by a bunch of Wi-Fi tests. The ethernet test towards the top is where I plugged in to the router.
I've also included some tests run on my cell phone for historical purposes so that a comparison can be viewed.

Hopefully I can get this sorted soon. Next Saturday we are having gigabit internet installed.

Attachments

• Laptop.jpeg
    Laptop.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 669
  • Cell.jpeg
    Cell.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 338

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!