What's new

[Preview] 380.57 alpha test builds for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Hi everyone,

I don't know when I'll be able to wrap up an actual release (probably won't until some time in December), so I decided for the time being to upload test builds on Mediafire.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bj94sbhrh7e49//Test Builds

While I won't be answering most of the reports posted in the thread, I will be reading every one of them. I'm mostly interested in reading feedback about the new DNSSec support, what might have been fixed (or broken) in Asus's 378_858 code.

A factory default reset is not required if coming from 378.56_2. If you run into any odd issue, then do go ahead and proceed with a factory default reset, in case you might be carrying on some old issues.

Note that these builds have received NO extended testing so far, aside from the RT-AC88U build. Also, the changelog isn't complete yet, you might need to check the Github commit for the details of what was changed (those builds were generated on November 23rd):

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commits/master

Thanks.

Adaptive QoS network monitoring home after setting will not take effect! And select the "Game" mode applications, the refresh will be a phenomenon does not apply

Hmm, I may give it a shot on my RT-AC56U. I do not use the Adaptive QoS currently as it sucks with VoIP apps and my wife uses Skype daily to run her business, instead I use my own custom QoS scripts. So, if Wi-Fi and the WAN connection work reliably at least, I should be able to test other features.

is it possible to update udpxy version to latest and add something to block ads or blocking incoming connection from specific IP to selected port? I know that I am little annoying but i have problem with scripts....

... and add something to block ads ...
Ad blocking is something that Merlin has said he wil not be implementing, if not for the simple reason that it's the ads on this forum that helps pay for the running of it. And to implement ad blocking under such circumstances would not be right.

Ad blocking is something that Merlin has said he wil not be implementing, if not for the simple reason that it's the ads on this forum that helps pay for the running of it. And to implement ad blocking under such circumstances would not be right.
RMerlin said that ? really ? I never saw that post. Please show us that post.

I just flashed 380.57 alpha 3 on my RT-AC87U. Coming from 378.56_2. I did not do a reset nvram.
After the successful flash, I can't get past the login page. I point my browser to 192.168.1.1, am greeted with the login page. After entering Username and Password, it says "Transferring data from 192.168.1.1" then simply stays on the login page. I have tried on both IE and Firefox (both and Windows 10 PC) and also an Ipad using Safari.

I did a power cycle of the router. Same result. Neither dmesg or syslog.log show anything unusual.

Router is functioning fine - all my clients have reconnected and are working well. The new Asus Android App (ASUS Router) is able to connect and manage the router fine. Looks like some kind of issue with the Web UI.

Ok, I compiled the current git for my RT-AC56U and installed 380.57_alpha3-gafc1adb. First checks seem fine, IPv6 traditional QoS works out of the box this time, so I enabled Adaptive QoS to test it since I saw the reports in the previous posts. My results are positive, everything works and I cannot confirm the bug reports. I can select all Adaptive QoS modes without issue.

Also, I enabled DNSSEC but not sure how to test it, the log shows it is enabled and working, so does /etc/dnsmasq.conf. The test in http://dnssectest.sidnlabs.nl/test.php comes as working too.

Although he did implement it in build 378.53, which I thought was quite a nice feature to have.

Ok, I compiled the current git for my RT-AC56U and installed 380.57_alpha3-gafc1adb. First checks seem fine, IPv6 traditional QoS works out of the box this time, so I enabled Adaptive QoS to test it since I saw the reports in the previous posts. My results are positive, everything works and I cannot confirm the bug reports. I can select all Adaptive QoS modes without issue.

Also, I enabled DNSSEC but not sure how to test it, the log shows it is enabled and working, so does /etc/dnsmasq.conf. The test in http://dnssectest.sidnlabs.nl/test.php comes as working too.

If you enable logging in dmsasq through a postconf file, it will report in its log whenever a site passed dnssec validation (meaning the zone did carry the necessary signatures). Not recommended to keep logging permanently enabled however, as it's quite noisy.

Although he did implement it in build 378.53, which I thought was quite a nice feature to have.

The feature was already part of the stock firmware, just not enabled at the time. I didn't implement it myself, and it was far too problematic to keep enabled as well.

I just flashed 380.57 alpha 3 on my RT-AC87U. Coming from 378.56_2. I did not do a reset nvram.
After the successful flash, I can't get past the login page. I point my browser to 192.168.1.1, am greeted with the login page. After entering Username and Password, it says "Transferring data from 192.168.1.1" then simply stays on the login page. I have tried on both IE and Firefox (both and Windows 10 PC) and also an Ipad using Safari.

I did a power cycle of the router. Same result. Neither dmesg or syslog.log show anything unusual.

Router is functioning fine - all my clients have reconnected and are working well. The new Asus Android App (ASUS Router) is able to connect and manage the router fine. Looks like some kind of issue with the Web UI.

I have also upgraded too 380.57_alpha3 on my RT-AC87U and have no problem login in and my clients have connected too.

Im using Chrome web browser for this.

Update//
My client connects faster and the UI seems faster, not sure what imporments was made but it feels alot better. :)

upload_2015-11-25_16-41-16.png

Last edited:
On another note since now there is a "Default" button here, is the "Empty" button needed anymore?

a1314ad9307bfadc761bb9e87997df2c.png

Found the problem. I had installed Kvics ntp daemon. I commented out the startup lines in /jffs/scripts/post-mount, did a reboot - and can now login and manage the router.

I have let kvic know.

FWIW, Asus Android App (aptly called "ASUS Router") did not display any of the Clients or Devices when I was running 378.56_2. With this 380.57 Alpha, I can now see all the devices.

I installed alpha 3 on my AC88U. An issue I was having with DNS for a few of my local devices on the stock firmware is working correctly with this build. I haven't found any major issues with alpha 3 yet.

rmerlin, is this alpha 3 different than the alpha 3 one you release last week?
Well for the AC3100/AC88U build's I would think there has to be a small difference, as the build sizes are a bit larger. As far as changes go, only Merlin can comment, on what/if there are any changes in last weeks, versus yesterday build's for these two routers.

Status
Not open for further replies.