What's new

Printing to LAN Printer from Guest Wireless Networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Manicjonah

Occasional Visitor
I need help figuring out how to let clients on guest networks print to a wireless printer that's on my home network without enabling "Access Intranet" to these networks. If there's some way of doing this in the GUI, I missed it. But I sure wish it was there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks,

MJ

You need to script VLANs.

And you also need to provide much more information about your network, usage and router hardware/firmware too. ;)

Try this. It's just a guess.

It assumes that the guest network is #1 on the 2.4GHz band (wl0.1) and your network printer is using raw socket printing (port 9100) not lpr.
Code:
ebtables -I FORWARD -o wl0.1 -p ipv4 --ip-proto tcp --ip-sport 9100 -j ACCEPT
ebtables -I FORWARD -i wl0.1 -p ipv4 --ip-proto tcp --ip-dport 9100 -j ACCEPT
EDIT: OK Ignore the above, try this instead. It assumes that the guest network is #1 on the 2.4GHz band (wl0.1) and your network printer has a fixed IP address of 192.168.1.99.
Code:
ebtables -I FORWARD -i wl0.1 -p ipv4 --ip-proto tcp --ip-dst 192.168.1.99 -j ACCEPT
ebtables -I FORWARD -o wl0.1 -p ipv4 --ip-proto tcp --ip-src 192.168.1.99 -j ACCEPT

Last edited:
Sorry to be rude and disappear like I did. Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't gotten a chance to try this yet so I'll follow-up when I do.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!