What's new

Private DNS and guest WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

steelskinz

Regular Contributor
Hi there,

I have a quick question about guest WiFi (blocked internal access to LAN) and private DNS.

How can i redirect the guest dns request to an internal LAN IP as i don't want guests to access the lan ? Could i redirect all guest in a specific external one if it is not working ?

I tried to put cleanbrowsing in Global Filter Mode and bypass my DNS mac address but it's not working for guest as they might get the internal DNS ip by LAN DHCP.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I have a quick question about guest WiFi (blocked internal access to LAN) and private DNS.

How can i redirect the guest dns request to an internal LAN IP as i don't want guests to access the lan ? Could i redirect all guest in a specific external one if it is not working ?

I tried to put cleanbrowsing in Global Filter Mode and bypass my DNS mac address but it's not working for guest as they might get the internal DNS ip by LAN DHCP.

Thanks.
Take a look at this, it may help or not. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/yazfi-enhanced-asuswrt-merlin-guest-wifi-networks.45924/