What's new

Problem with VPN IP leak, Firewall script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Panhan

New Around Here
Hello
I have a problem with VPN settings . Here is my previous topic https://www.snbforums.com/threads/openvpn-configuration-ip-leak.50334/

I used the way with jffs firewall script, to block wan . And it seemed to me that everything was ok, but lately i had power outage, so the router and computers have turned off. But when power come back, I immediately connected to the router and found that the computer connected to internet via wan, without vpn for like few seconds, and then go via vpn.

In /jffs/scripts/ i opened file firewall-start and paste there exactly this:

Code:
iptables -D FORWARD -i br0  -s 192.168.1.6,192.168.1.33,192.168.1.16 -o $(nvram get wan0_ifname) -j DROP

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0  -s 192.168.1.6,192.168.1.33,192.168.1.16 -o $(nvram get wan0_ifname) -j DROP

Why did this happen? Maybe I have set up something wrong?

Why did you create a separate thread for this rather than continuing the previous one?

If your firewall-start script contains only those lines then it won't have been running at all. The first line of the script needs to be:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
The file also needs to be executable and in Unix format, not DOS/Windows.

But when power come back, I immediately connected to the router and found that the computer connected to internet via wan, without vpn for like few seconds, and then go via vpn.
Why is this a problem? It takes 30 seconds or so for all the different components of the router to initialise, so this doesn't sound surprising.

Last edited: