What's new

Problem with wifi on AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

enjawd

New Around Here
Hi guys, wondering if you guys encounter the same problem as i do on the AC3200. on 5Ghz-1 or 5Ghz-2, it seems like the download speed is always stuck around 130Mbps and upload might up to around 280Mbps-300Mbps+?

Is there any setting that i miss out?

Thanks Matthew! Sorry noob question how do i go about selecting the right channel?

Channel affects the download/upload wifi speed? When i first got the router i manage to get a whooping upload speed of 400+mbps, but download remains as 130+mbps. Now the speed is just dropping for both :(

how are you testing this as if its with a speed test over the internet your doing it wrong and getting confusing info

connect a comp via ethernet to the 3200 and have a big file shared on it

connect another comp via the wireless AC low and then high

copy and paste the file from one comp to the other and back again , the reasult will be in MB/s and give you a better idea of how the wireless adapter and router are performing

also check the local area network setting for the wireless adapter and see what speed / sync its connecting at

how far are you from the router ?

pete

Thanks Matthew! Sorry noob question how do i go about selecting the right channel?

Channel affects the download/upload wifi speed? When i first got the router i manage to get a whooping upload speed of 400+mbps, but download remains as 130+mbps. Now the speed is just dropping for both :(
It can. Depending the interference. So. On the low and high 5ghz. U can select the lowest channel available on your country and router. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!