What's new

Problems adding Blue Cave to existing Aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Charlie00tj

New Around Here
These blue cave APs are a great price point, but I'm not sold on their functionality.

I was able to add on to my existing network, but it causes stability issues and there is an SSID broadcast with no password. This ONLY happens when the Blue Cave is on. I'm also having an issue trying to add a second blue cave. It shows up in the list when searching and errors out when adding. I've verified the firmware is the same as the rest of the APs. I've tried resetting it with holding the power button for ten seconds, and rebooting it the the WPS held down until it flashes. VERY frustrating!!

Here's my network:
ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 as the core
2 - ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 nodes attached via Ethernet
3 - RT-AC68U nodes attached via Ethernet
1 - Blue Cave node attached via Ethernet

I've got three houses in close proximity with about 100 wireless clients between all of them.

I'd like to get the last Blue Cave online and figure out why the existing Blue Cave is broadcasting the SSID with no password.

Thank you for your help and comments.

These blue cave APs are a great price point, but I'm not sold on their functionality.

I was able to add on to my existing network, but it causes stability issues and there is an SSID broadcast with no password. This ONLY happens when the Blue Cave is on. I'm also having an issue trying to add a second blue cave. It shows up in the list when searching and errors out when adding. I've verified the firmware is the same as the rest of the APs. I've tried resetting it with holding the power button for ten seconds, and rebooting it the the WPS held down until it flashes. VERY frustrating!!

Here's my network:
ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 as the core
2 - ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 nodes attached via Ethernet
3 - RT-AC68U nodes attached via Ethernet
1 - Blue Cave node attached via Ethernet

I've got three houses in close proximity with about 100 wireless clients between all of them.

I'd like to get the last Blue Cave online and figure out why the existing Blue Cave is broadcasting the SSID with no password.

Thank you for your help and comments.
did you figure this out
im having problems with my blue cave i added to rt88ac... when setting up theres no problem with aimesh
after a week or so blue cave likes to go offline!
every damn week

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!