What's new

Problems with wifi in acces point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nisrani23

Occasional Visitor
Hello

I have a Asus rt ac3200 in acces point.
Sometimes when I want to connect to wifi it won't connect.
The wheel just spins on mine iPhone and when I look at the info button on the iPhone I see another IP address but the tv or the xbmc player that is connect true lan works fine
When I power off the Asus then wifi works fine again
Any thoughts what it could be

Thanks

Yes I have new ssid's and if I do a factory reset will it also erase Merlin firmware.
I will try the steps in the link

Yes I have new ssid's and if I do a factory reset will it also erase Merlin firmware.
I will try the steps in the link

A factory reset doesn't 'erase' the firmware installed. It simply allows it to run as intended (with any new variables and other programming details to be used as they should be and not confused with how they were used in previous firmware).

When I asked for new ssid's, I mean new to this firmware. At this point; I would choose new ssid's once more (after the reset to factory defaults and manual configuration).

Thanks for the info I will try it tonight I will do a factory reset make new ssid's and hope that the problem will be solved

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!