What's new

PS4 LAG with test results!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dfran1

Hi,
Ok this is what I have been trying to tell you all
I ran a test this morning from "Gitsum" (thank you)
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

with dd-wrt and merlins (I call it also Asus firmware) within the first hour.
NAT support for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) (?): Yes

NOW

NAT support for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) (?): Not found

Please what gives! this is the problems I have been dealing with and my PS4 lag, I have done nothing to the router at all. Why is my UPnP shutting down with asus firmware and not dd-wrt??
PLEASE ADVISE

EDIT:
How sure are all of you out there this is not happening to you?

Last edited:
Hi,
Ok this is what I have been trying to tell you all
I ran a test this morning from "Gitsum" (thank you)
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

with dd-wrt and merlins (I call it also Asus firmware) within the first hour.

NOW

Please what gives! this is the problems I have been dealing with and my PS4 lag, I have done nothing to the router at all. Why is my UPnP shutting down with asus firmware and not dd-wrt??
PLEASE ADVISE

EDIT:
How sure are all of you out there this is not happening to you?

Hi, i dont have any problem with NAT or UPnP here on my router. I use ASUS's NAT Loopback setting in the Firewall tab. I run into some problem with Merlin's NAT Loopback

Attachments

• NAT.jpg
    NAT.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,129
Last edited:
I dont even use UPnP on my router it disabled and i dont have no lag on ps3/ps4, just horrid dowload speeds cause psn server suck

Hi, i dont have any problem with NAT of UPnP here on my router. I use ASUS's NAT Loopback setting in the Firewall tab. I run into some problem with Merlin's NAT Loopback
i just changed to asus and ran the test and is stll not found for UPnP

i just changed to asus and ran the test and is stll not found for UPnP

Look at your Port Forwarding, can you see any ports added there in that table?

I dont even use UPnP on my router it disabled and i dont have no lag on ps3/ps4, just horrid dowload speeds cause psn server suck
then what do you use, or you just play with lots of LAG due to no UPnP?

Look at your Port Forwarding, can you see any ports added there in that table?
Nothing besides the ones I have in post forwarding (and I don't add PS4 any ports)

so just 2

then what do you use, or you just play with lots of LAG due to no UPnP?

You can manually add port to be open for your PS4. I don't know what port it needs.

You can manually add port to be open for your PS4. I don't know what port it needs.
I have even DMZ to the PS4 before and it will work for a while then the LAG comes back,
But why is UPnP shutting down on asus firmware, this does not happen with dd-wrt at all, this is my PS4 lag problem I am mostly positive with asus firmware.

Any other suggestions.

Nothing besides the ones I have in post forwarding (and I don't add PS4 any ports)

so just 2

Ok, do you any program that us UPnP so you can test and see if it been added in the Port Forwarding table. Like Skype (enable UPnP in Skype, and untick use of port 80 and 443)

Attachments

• skype.jpg
    skype.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 906
my router has had Asus (the latest merlin's) for 8 hours and UPnP shut down on me, can anyone else test if it is shutting down on them please?

Ok, do you any program that us UPnP so you can test and see if it been added in the Port Forwarding table. Like Skype (enable UPnP in Skype, and untick use of port 80 and 443)
I don't use skype, but that test http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu does its thing with UPnP and that is telling me its shutting down and my PS4 lag test is over 8 seconds.

my router has had Asus (the latest merlin's) for 8 hours and UPnP shut down on me, can anyone else test if it is shutting down on them please?

With Merlin's NAT Loopback, i was running for 2 days, before i figured out that my NAT loopback was not working, but no problem with UPnP.
Running now ASUS NAT loopback, so far no problem with NAT loopback and UPnP. Only 12 hours uptime here now.

You can also try to use static IP on your PS4 and use Google DNS server's and open the ports manually.
http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

I don't know if this help, buy maybe you like to try it out.
but I DMZ to the PS4 with a mac assigned IP to the PS4 and still got the same issues.
But what is causing the UPnP to stop is also causing the PS4 lag, and no way around it besides a temp reboot and that only last a few minutes to a few hours then UPnP shuts down again.
Did you do that test and what did it say for the UPnP for you? please post that line.

let not forget psn is still just as bad as it was when it was introduce, only now one has "pay" to play online, We should all thank MS for starting that and all the sheep of MS for showing people can be tricked into paying for some that is free one pc

Anyway always have static ip for ps3/ps4 wired or wireless also good idea to manual define the dns i personal use opendns some use google

Look all please read PLEASE!!

DO "http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/" this test .

Now me running this when I get no PS4 lag

NOW I run this when I get PS4 lag and this is the results

it has nothing to do with the PS4 or servers, my UPnP on this Asus router is shutting down, See it goes from YES to NOT FOUND .

It is not using PS4 servers to test.

NOTE: My PS4 test is another test

but I DMZ to the PS4 with a mac assigned IP to the PS4 and still got the same issues.
But what is causing the UPnP to stop is also causing the PS4 lag, and no way around it besides a temp reboot and that only last a few minutes to a few hours then UPnP shuts down again.
Did you do that test and what did it say for the UPnP for you? please post that line.

Ok I understand. No i didn't run that test. I can see all my UPnP ports are in my Port Forwarding table, and i just fire up my Skype and the ports was added in the Port Forwarding. My wife and my kind has been using skype all day, the ports are still there. I also fire up a game server that also use UPnP and no problem so far.
Stupid question, are you using cable or wireless on your PS4?

Ok I understand. No i didn't run that test. I can see all my UPnP ports are in my Port Forwarding table, and i just fire up my Skype and the ports was added in the Port Forwarding. My wife and my kind has been using skype all day, the ports are still there. I also fire up a game server that also use UPnP and no problem so far.
Stupid question, are you using cable or wireless on your PS4?

cable, But that test fails also besides the PS4
If yours works why is my UPnP stopping and yours working?