What's new

PS4 LAG with test results!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't have the time to dig through your logs because I'm already backlogged with other issues. However there's a chance that one of those issues I've finally tracked down could be related to your boot time issue. Can you give this test build a try?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rso26r5zb8g9sh8/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378.52_alpha3.zip

Make sure not to confuse that build with the one posted by someone else - this is based on newer development code. The build date on the Sysinfo page should report it was built today, from user merlin@somevalue.

Thank you for all your hard work Merlin!! I still think port 1 on the AC87u is a bad design but that’s just me. "Your" 52.alpha is running smooth with my ac87! I don’t see some of the weird behavior I used to see... your 51 build with the new q drivers was working wonders too but I had to try the alpha :)

Oh by the way nice work on the wireless log page!! I have officially converted to Merlin :)

I don't have the time to dig through your logs because I'm already backlogged with other issues. However there's a chance that one of those issues I've finally tracked down could be related to your boot time issue. Can you give this test build a try?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rso26r5zb8g9sh8/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378.52_alpha3.zip

Make sure not to confuse that build with the one posted by someone else - this is based on newer development code. The build date on the Sysinfo page should report it was built today, from user merlin@somevalue.

Hi ... I using this alpha3 and running in AP mode ... more than 24 hours but the traffic analyser still showing nothing... any reason why ? Thanks.

Nothing was thinking UPnP is broken why you DMZed ps4. If you're happy that way so be it but be aware they might conflict at each other.
I was not aware of this, I will try to disable the DMZ then. I take it port forward is fine though?

NOTE: I had to cycle wifi on my iPhone 6 plus this morning for internet access, but so far nothing else, I can live with that. Also I know someday that will get fixed but over 24 hours and only 1 is great at this point.

Last edited:
Hi ... I using this alpha3 and running in AP mode ... more than 24 hours but the traffic analyser still showing nothing... any reason why ? Thanks.

Traffic Analyzer is only for router mode, it does not work in an AP because an AP doesn't do any routing.

ok.. so this firmware does seem to be good so far (alpha3) - for my PS3 issue, once i was up and running on this, I did a connection test on the PS3, and it showed upnp as available (didnt with 378.51)

I 'had' solved my sons 'NAT' issue on destiny where he could not hear one of his friends by putting the PS3 in the DMZ, so I decided to take it out to test - the 'NAT' issue returned - again solved by being in the DMZ - the difference that the PS3 did report upnp as available.

After adding to DMZ, I did do the PS3 connection test again, and it showed upnp as not available - guessing this is correct.

Hi,
Ok this is what I have been trying to tell you all
I ran a test this morning from "Gitsum" (thank you)
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

with dd-wrt and merlins (I call it also Asus firmware) within the first hour.
NAT support for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) (?): Yes

NOW

NAT support for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) (?): Not found

Please what gives! this is the problems I have been dealing with and my PS4 lag, I have done nothing to the router at all. Why is my UPnP shutting down with asus firmware and not dd-wrt??
PLEASE ADVISE

EDIT:
How sure are all of you out there this is not happening to you?
I dont even use UPnP on my router it disabled
o.png

I was not aware of this, I will try to disable the DMZ then. I take it port forward is fine though?
If you use port forwarding, you might as well turnoff UPnP. UPnP is there for your convenience, it open ports when needed then it closes the ports when the programs closes. You have to choose if you want to open ports manually or automatically but not both.

If you use port forwarding, you might as well turnoff UPnP. UPnP is there for your convenience, it open ports when needed then it closes the ports when the programs closes. You have to choose if you want to open ports manually or automatically but not both.
I have to?
I do not port forward to ps4
I use port forward for 2 other devices to get in from my phone apps.
UPNP is for ps4 and other stuff
So you are telling me I can't do all this with this router or any ? o_O

I have to?
I do not port forward to ps4
I use port forward for 2 other devices to get in from my phone apps.
UPNP is for ps4 and other stuff
So you are telling me I can't do all this with this router or any ? o_O
What I'm trying to say is, port forwarding and UPnP does the same thing. When a program inside your LAN needs to open ports to let WAN connections in, UPnP will open ports for you then closes the ports when the program is closed. It's the same functions when you port forward to a certain LAN ip manually, the difference is, manually port forwarding will leave the ports open permanently.

Traffic Analyzer is only for router mode, it does not work in an AP because an AP doesn't do any routing.

Hi ... I switch to router mode and running in AP configuration (Lan cable at Lan port 1) ..... still no information.
Must it be only connected to WAN?

Hi ... I switch to router mode and running in AP configuration (Lan cable at Lan port 1) ..... still no information.
Must it be only connected to WAN?

Traffic Analyzer is for analyzing the WAN traffic. LAN traffic is switched, there's nothing to analyze.

I've been running the 378.52_alpha3 firmware for the past 24 hours it's been rock solid not one hiccup and the dreaded nat loop back seems to be fixed, nice work Merlin!

OK.. so Traffic Analyzer is not working on the alpha 3 build - was working fine in 378.51 - same setup, no showing 'no client'

OK.. so Traffic Analyzer is not working on the alpha 3 build - was working fine in 378.51 - same setup, no showing 'no client'
Traffic analyzer is working fine for me, you just need to the route some time to collect the statistics. Usually about an hour or so.

In order to not creating a new thread for this, I'll just ask here.

On my 100 Mb/s down speed connection, I don't get speeds better than 800 KB/s on my PS4 with full signal strength. This is only on my PS4 because I get download speed close to 12 MB/s on my desktop connected through wire.

Any reason why this is?

My router is AC66U and running latest Merlin firmware 378.51.

last night my iphone 6+ just would not get a WAN connection, it said it was connected but either extremely sloooooowww WAN or none even after several cycles of wifi off and on (on the iphone). I had to reboot the router to fix it.

So this morning this was in my log

Mar 27 03:19:34 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: WARN: Stalled endpoint
Mar 27 03:19:34 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: WARN: Stalled endpoint

NOTE: I have also noticed the sony PS4 servers on CODAW Suck , most likely due to COD adding 15 more prestige levels, so all the liverons are back on and us on the east coast with sucky ISP's like me get shafted big time. I have also noticed (so does my friend) that when my friend and I play together (we both live in the same town with the same sucky ISP, charter) he likes to talk on the headset's in party chat and that creates lag for us so does joining any room after during busy COD times (at night), when we are in the same party joining a game. But if we play our own games and no party chat this lag is not there. Just putting this out there, nothing to do with the router at this point as the router is still doing 3 seconds on my ps4 test, and I get no to very minimal lag playing alone. Still way better than before.