What's new

PS4 LAG with test results!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm no dev, but I'm pretty sure xhci_hcd is related to the USB3 port, not networking. If you have an hard disk attached to the USB3 port, it is possible it had spun down, and then the next time you tried to access it, this message appeared while it spun back up. Assuming you have something connected to the USB3 port, try unplugging it, waiting a few seconds, then plugging it back in, or into a different port.

I'm no dev, but I'm pretty sure xhci_hcd is related to the USB3 port, not networking. If you have an hard disk attached to the USB3 port, it is possible it had spun down, and then the next time you tried to access it, this message appeared while it spun back up. Assuming you have something connected to the USB3 port, try unplugging it, waiting a few seconds, then plugging it back in, or into a different port.
thank you, I do have one plugged into the usb 3 port, then I guess it may be an ok message, because it does spin down on its own.
thank You.

Tonight I had problems with dd-wrt and wifi on my iPhone 6+.
yes same as yesterday with alfa3
So I pulled power to the router for over 5 minutes also cable modem , why not .. Also to note this is my first power down in a long time.
All is good now after power up
This just goes to show something is screwy with this router, wifi, and reboots. I will go back to the Alfa 3 soon , now that I know it's most likly the router and reboots doing it. I just need to power off for 5+ minutes.

Maybe it's time to consider the possibility that the issue is NOT your router, but either your environment, or your iPhone.

That would be true only if after shutting off the router for 5+ minutes and after I had the exact same results. But since things changed and 3 of the 87's have done this for a while now it is a design or chip flaw.

Not that it is a major one as just pulling power will fix it, but people should know.

Now in saying this, I myself have always pulled power to reset routers, so maybe this issue is more common than not with who knows how many out there.

All I am stating is maybe, if someone is having some issues and just using the reboot in the web browser then, they should pull power for 5+ minutes, it may help them also ....
That may have nothing to do with the router. It may in fact be the phone as it will establish a new connection and refresh its IP each time you power the router down (as will all of your other clients). I agree with Merlin in that there is something in your specific network environment that is causing this. My wife and daughter connect with their iPhone 6's without issue, ever. The fact that all 3 of the AC87x's that you have used have had this issue is further proof in my mind that the issue lies somewhere in your network topology.

EDIT: I just saw the response by JK to one of your posts over in HWZ Singapore that you are the only US user to complain about this issue. At this point I would pick one firmware and stay with it for a period of at least a week. I do not see how anyone can thoroughly evaluate and troubleshoot any issues in any shorter of a time span. If you are interested, I recommend Asus 378.4950. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm currently on 378.51 newqtn (wireless driver) if I were to go to the alpha or to the 378.4950 I wouldn't have to do a factory reset would I?

And which is more people preferring? I have multiple iPhones and iPads and iMac and a PS4.

Figured I'd ask here since so much going back and forth from all the builds that someone here would know the answer :)

Edit:I took the dive and did a reset

Last edited:
4950 Has been just about perfect for me for 4 days now.
-I do not use DMZ, just upnp and my other settings and to date no more ps4 lag.
-wifi has been perfect.
-I no longer use the USB ports for media, and use something else that is just perfect now
All I can say is WOW and Finally
Thank You ASUS

Something after the most recent "no going back firmware" has messed with something here again. I kept getting a fragmentation error in the PS4 connection test and am seeing rubberbanding in game. This didn't start until Asus released that no going back firmware. I've tried everything listed here to no avail.

Currently running .61 Alpha (latest) on my 5300.

Something after the most recent "no going back firmware" has messed with something here again. I kept getting a fragmentation error in the PS4 connection test and am seeing rubberbanding in game. This didn't start until Asus released that no going back firmware. I've tried everything listed here to no avail.

This is your third (almost identical) post. Please stop cross posting. A link is all that is needed. :)

i get that a lot...not always.

the problem with games seems to be when the nat test takes more than a 2 seconds.
sometimes it flies through it and even p2p games play well.

i get that a lot...not always.

the problem with games seems to be when the nat test takes more than a 2 seconds.
sometimes it flies through it and even p2p games play well.
Yeah, when the test hangs.

As I said though this didn't happen before Asus released .3341 everything was fine in this regard so I wonder what's changed.

Is there a way to post a log on here without the security settings tripping upon the site?

HAve QOS on? I only get that message with QOS on

must be something new that changed in the newer fw i only get that with QOS on, and I have QOS on and I dont have no lag on my ps4 online games