What's new

Expired? - was [PSA] TP-Link PowerLine AV500 Refund Program

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
TP-Link has started a campaign offering refunds for specific AV500 adapters/kits - models include
  • TL-PA511
  • TL-PA511KIT
  • TL-PA4010
  • TL-PA4010KIT
  • TL-WPA4220
  • TL-WPA4220KIT
More info on the TP-Link Home Page, or follow the link below:

http://www.tp-link.us/claim/

Note - this is USA only, check local support sites for other countries...

Now that is what I call great customer service. Bravo!

About the only thing more I could ask for is for them to send a refund cheque for anyone that has those identified models registered with them. ;)

Now that is what I call great customer service. Bravo!

About the only thing more I could ask for is for them to send a refund cheque for anyone that has those identified models registered with them. ;)

Just fill out the form - and agreed, very good customer service, and a great way to turn a negative into a positive...

sfx2000, I wasn't complaining! Being 'pro active' is the very definition of 'customer service'.

Sincere kudo's to TP-Link. ;)

Wow, so happy I happened to stumble across this forum. I have 4 of the 511s, and I have awful intermittent connectivity issues among other things. Thanks so much for posting!

EDIT: the form seems to have difficulty with receipt uploads and does not submit any data, returning errors
EDIT2: is this some sort of waking dream? the email listed on that website is not valid either!
EDIT3: now the online form works, sort of.

Last edited:
not in the UK

:(
Interesting that the program is offered in the US but not UK.

What are peoples thoughts, do the US units have some technical difference that would cause issues which UK units don't experience?

As a general FYI, the email listed on return website is incorrect. I tried changing the domain to @tplink.com (no hyphen between tp and link in the domain) and it didn't bounce, but who knows if that's a monitored account.

EDIT: Nope, bounced back a day later. I called customer support who had little idea what I was talking about, despite OPTION #1 on the call tree being for people calling in about the return program. The support agent gave me rma.usa@tp-link.com as the email to try.

Last edited:
Just as a follow-up, I have rarely dealt with a more incompetent customer service organization.

After going through an exceptionally aggravating amount of calling/emailing, I finally received a RMA for my 2 units. I received my check ~1 month afterwards. But it was for half the amount due! Twitter, email, phone, etc have all gone unanswered. After numerous calls I did get one technical support person to answer the phone but unfortunately this person did not speak English to any level remotely usable. I actually felt bad for her, being thrust into a job like that.

Its to do with the consumer laws. In the US recalls are often compared to other countries.

For such a cheaper brand dont expect much consumer support. Their staff couldnt even understand my simple question if the 2 ports on the av2000 were switched or not.

Its to do with the consumer laws. In the US recalls are often compared to other countries.

For such a cheaper brand dont expect much consumer support. Their staff couldnt even understand my simple question if the 2 ports on the av2000 were switched or not.

In a similar way Volkwagen compensates US customers, while European ones just have to shut up and accept some engine/SW fix. The mysterious ways of consumer law.

Seeing this.. makes we wonder when they will do the same for AV2 powerline units. Does someone have more background on this ? Powerline in general is a hit or miss. It works great, works ok or not at all. You can blame the manufacturer of the end product for this, but the technology behind this you also have to take into account.

In a similar way Volkwagen compensates US customers, while European ones just have to shut up and accept some engine/SW fix. The mysterious ways of consumer law.

Seeing this.. makes we wonder when they will do the same for AV2 powerline units. Does someone have more background on this ? Powerline in general is a hit or miss. It works great, works ok or not at all. You can blame the manufacturer of the end product for this, but the technology behind this you also have to take into account.

I found this forum through search for chatter related to the TP-LINK powerline refund program. I created an account just to post and to give you a warning I didn't get.
It appears TP-LINK has graciously accepted my power kit and claim just as customer service has become DOA. Everything was approved and my return was recieved 7/13. My check for $39.99 was supposed to ARRIVE no later than 8/13. No check and getting someone at their HQ has been impossible. I've called around 100 times. I've left 3 messages. Dialed random extensions and was able to get someone that claimed a check should have been mailed 8/12. No proof.
Either they were ill-prepared for this program or they are having solvency issues. I thought the latter because I have had trouble reaching anyone in any department... even the switchboard... during business hours.
I filed a BBB claim (long-shot) and I'll continue to call.
I just wanted to give you a heads up before you invest more money in their products or attempt to submit your products for a refund.
The powerline adapters might not have worked very good, but some functionality is better than having NOTHING with zero functionality.
Oh and FYI: the last time I attempted to email the address listed on that site... I got an undeliverable bounceback.
Good Luck!

@SirRadiodude,

Sadly I had a very similar and ridiculous experience.

You will in no way get any sort of response through emails or telephone. I tried just like you. I even tried to get through 'tech support' and wasted so much time first waiting for them to pick up and then speaking with the most incompetent 'tech,' who could not even communicate in basic English. My hope was that she could transfer me to an inside line into the RMA dept, but seeing how she couldn't even follow our basic conversation, that plan was ruined.

If you are still trying to get things, message through their twitter feed. I've had some limited success that way.

In a similar way Volkwagen compensates US customers

Well, FW - seems like VeeDub is having some issues with the whole buy-back thing on certain models (it's a big deal, as some are still on loans or leases)...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!