What's new

Entware python2 entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atomizasser

New Around Here
I've installed last version of Asus Merlin.
I have tried to install pyload but now the default version of python in entware is version 3. Pyload still doesn't work with version 3. Is there a way to install version 2 of python?
Thank you.

I've installed last version of Asus Merlin.
I have tried to install pyload but now the default version of python in entware is version 3. Pyload still doesn't work with version 3. Is there a way to install version 2 of python?
Thank you.
The old pyLoad package, compatible with Python 2 only, is still available on the stable branch ??

Yes, pyLoad still available in stable branch and also in entware repository, but this version require python 2 to work properly and this version is no longer available in entware.
I’ve tried to run pyLoad with python3 but it doesn’t work.
Anyone knows if is possible install python2?
thanks

Yes, pyLoad still available in stable branch and also in entware repository, but this version require python 2 to work properly and this version is no longer available in entware.
I’ve tried to run pyLoad with python3 but it doesn’t work.
Anyone knows if is possible install python2?
thanks
I don't think you're gonna get much help from this forum as it deals with Merlin firmware. You need to find a pyLoad forum somewhere as that seems to be your specific issue.

Hi @atomizasser ! Did you find any solution for this? I'm dealing with the same issue.

Thanks!

Regards
Yes. Finally I got a python 2 version for armv7-sf. I share it with you by wetransfer. python2 armv7-sf
You must install everything manually.
  1. Extract de zip in usb attached to router (usually /tmp/XX)
  2. ssh to your router and access to extracted archive
  3. install ipk by opkg install python*. You will install the minimum packages for pyload
  4. Then use payload from GitHub Stable branch
  5. Extract pyload on /opt/share/pyload
  6. then you can execute pyload manually python /opt/share/pyload/pyLoadCore.py

Last edited:
Yes. Finally I got a python 2 version for armv7-sf. I share it with you by wetransfer. python2 armv7-sf
You must install everything manually.
  1. Extract de zip in usb attached to router (usually /tmp/XX)
  2. ssh to your router and access to extracted archive
  3. install ipk by opkg install python*. You will install the minimum packages for pyload
  4. Then use payload from GitHub Stable branch
  5. Extract pyload on /opt/share/pyload
  6. then you can execute pyload manually python /opt/share/pyload/pyLoadCore.py

@atomizasser Thank you very much! I was thinking on install it manually, but I didn't find the file. I have one more question. I have the RT-AC86U, that has armv8 processor. That version for armv7 will work for me??

I think I have to download the version for my hardware. Can be https://pkgs.org/download/python-base (and dependencies)? The version for OpenWRT 19.07 (ipk)?

Thank you again!

Regards,

Last edited:
@atomizasser Thank you very much! I was thinking on install it manually, but I didn't find the file. I have one more question. I have the RT-AC86U, that has armv8 processor. That version for armv7 will work for me??

I think I have to download the version for my hardware. Can be https://pkgs.org/download/python-base (and dependencies)? The version for OpenWRT 19.07 (ipk)?

Thank you again!

Regards,

I just found an archive of entware that contains the 2.7 version for my hardware (https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/archive/prev/).

Thank you very much friend!

All:

I'm having a similar issue trying to build Entware tools. I have all the build dependancies satisfied except for python 2.7, which is no longer available in the current repository. I attempted to install the archived version of python 2.7, but opkg complains with the following:

Code:
# opkg install ./python_2.7.17-2_armv7-2.6.ipk
Unknown package 'python'.
Collected errors:
* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for python found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python.

@atomizasser I tried downloading the file you made available on wetransfer, but it doesn't appear to be downloadable anymore.

@ryzhov_al You seem to be the Entware guru on this forum. Perhaps, you might provide some guidance?

I find it ironic that Entware no longer provides the required python 2.7 package(s) that is required to build Entware tools.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary

Last edited:
Can you please share it again? The original Wetransfer is expired.
Did someone tried to downgrade python in a working entware-ng with Transmission installed?

Can you please share it again? The original Wetransfer is expired.
Did someone tried to downgrade python in a working entware-ng with Transmission installed?
@QMax

Are you using an older Entware installation?

The current arm7 Entware repository has Transmission compiled using python3.

Regards,

Gary

@QMax

Please elaborate.

Gary
You're right :)
To simplify, with Transmission/entware-ng fully updated with python3 already installed, forcing a python 2.7 installation will broke Transmission?

You're right :)
To simplify, with Transmission/entware-ng fully updated with python3 already installed, forcing a python 2.7 installation will broke Transmission?
@QMax

With upgraded Entware and Transmission, there should be no need for python 2.7 installation.

I went down the python 2.7 path and found it was better to upgrade Entware and related python3 dependent packages.

Refer to my posts in this forum related to Debian Live DVD for compiling packages using python3.

Best Wishes.

Gary