What's new

[Q]UK SKY Fibre / MER Encapsulation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MintyTrebor

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm new to the forums, & I am considering replacing my router(s) with the RT-AC66U & Merlin. But before I plonk down my cash, I need the following questions answered (I have searched before posting but can find nothing in the Merlin forum).

I run 2 FTC VDSL lines, one of which is provided by SKY, which requires MER encapsulation to get a WAN IP address. My current set-up uses DD-WRT with the following script to enable this functionality:

STARTUP SCRIPT:
killall udhcpc
/usr/sbin/udhcpc -i eth1 -V "5.27.1a4N|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0" -c "##SKYUN&PW##" -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc &

NB: In the Startup Script eth1 is the designation of the WAN port.

Will Merlin support this config?

My Second question concerns DNSMasq.
I use DNSMasq to assign specific clients to my secondary gateway/router, using the following additional commands (again in DD-WRT):

dhcp-mac=Infinity,00:01:2E:##:##:##
dhcp-option = net:Infinity, option:router, 10.66.77.1
dhcp-option = net:Infinity, 6, 10.66.77.1

Reading through the forums I am fairly confident this DNSMasq config can be achieved with Merlin, but I would be grateful if someone can confirm it is possible for me.

Thanks in advance

Minty

Last edited: