What's new

QNAP 10GBe LAN enabled NAS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Last edited:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas/nas-news/32608-qnap-trots-out-4k-uhd-nas-lineup

When QNAP starts making the effort of actually including 10GBe LAN connections on their latest NAS units, we will really need to see Routers come with those high speed connections too.

When QNAP and Asus comes out with that NAS and Router, then is when I'll upgrade. ;)

Probably see low cost 10GBe ethernet switches well before Consumer Routers with it.

When might we see it in PCs?

Low demand.

Well guys, been using a Netgear ProSafe Plus XS708E 10GbE for a year now with a TS-870 and 10GbE DUAL NIC HBA.

Well guys, been using a Netgear ProSafe Plus XS708E 10GbE for a year now with a TS-870 and 10GbE DUAL NIC HBA.
Desktop PC with 10GbE?

When, rarely, I do move GByte files on the gigE LAN, I can get close to it's capacity. But in normal use with the NAS, lots of smaller files, no where close to capacity. So I wonder if 10GbE would be worth it for a home system.

10Gb is a huge jump in equipment needs. I would think a nas with 2 or more Gigabit connections to a gigabit switch would be the most logical upgrade for a home or even small office setup.

Heck, I do not even "need" 100Mbit, but I would love to mess around with some 10GbE. It is not logical, but most of my dreams are not. :)