What's new

QNAP and Mac Finder?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RickMessNC

New Around Here
Hello all. Newbie here with what I hope is a simple question.

I have a QNAP TS-212-E updated to the latest firmware with 2-3TB WD Red drives. Setup was a breeze. I have not changed any passwords or created any special folders. As "stock" as it can be.

If I log into the NAS and open it in Mac OS-X (10.10.5) I cannot Drag and Drop files from another folder on the Mac HD to any folder on the NAS. It looks like it's going to start, then I get an error message telling me that the operation can't be completed because the file already exists in that location. ???? If I use the Web based app to copy files all works well. Is Finder based Drag and Drop just not something that can be done on a QNAP NAS?

Thanks

Rick

By latest firmware do you mean QTS4.2.0 Build 0101?

Why is your mac so out of date?

By latest firmware do you mean QTS4.2.0 Build 0101?

Why is your mac so out of date?

Generally it works - but there's been scattered reports of issues with 10.10...

His Mac isn't that much out of date, and there's valid reasons not to go to ElCap for some folks (older Apps and workflows)

What OP isn't mentioning is how he's mounting the drives - SMB or AFP... and how his QNAP is configured - the AFP stack went closed source some time back, and while the Intel based machines got the update, not sure about the ARM-based QNAP's...

If one can update to 10.11 on the Mac, there's quite a few improvements on the SMB stack there...

Generally it works - but there's been scattered reports of issues with 10.10...

His Mac isn't that much out of date, and there's valid reasons not to go to ElCap for some folks (older Apps and workflows)

What OP isn't mentioning is how he's mounting the drives - SMB or AFP... and how his QNAP is configured - the AFP stack went closed source some time back, and while the Intel based machines got the update, not sure about the ARM-based QNAP's...

If one can update to 10.11 on the Mac, there's quite a few improvements on the SMB stack there...

Thank you all for jumping on this so quickly...

I have mounted the drive(s) both SMB and AFP with the same result. To address your question, I'll have to check into how the QNAP is configured - like I said, I accepted all the defaults for Mac & PC.

Going to ElCapitan is not an option at the moment because of some legacy workflow issues with my Photos.