What's new

QNAP HS-251 1g slow on HDS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chojo

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I have bought a QNAP HS-251, 1g model and I find that the NAS is very sluggish when I try to access my music on Kodi via Hybrid Desk Station.

I have more than 60k song in my library, maybe that cause the issue? I'm just wondering if its normal that the NAS should be very slow? Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

On the other hand, when I access my NAS via the PS4's Plex app, its very snappy, but when I use my Nas on the Hybrid Desk Station with Kodi, everything is so sluggish and its a pain to browse.

Sorry for my poor english

takes a while to index the library the first time - should be better as time moves on..

Thought the HS-251 had 2GB ram... unless QNAP release a reduced SKU perhaps...

Probably the first thing, since it's new to you, get caught up on all the updates - you didn't mention what version of QTS you're running on the box...

takes a while to index the library the first time - should be better as time moves on..

Thought the HS-251 had 2GB ram... unless QNAP release a reduced SKU perhaps...

Probably the first thing, since it's new to you, get caught up on all the updates - you didn't mention what version of QTS you're running on the box...
Maybe because of the indexation.

My firmware version is 4.2

Probably is busy indexing, and depending on setup/config, it might be converting/transcoding content on the local storage...

If you're running QSirch, going to take a bit longer...

Give it a couple of days and things should be better...