What's new

QNAP Introduces 5GbE Connectable NAS Series

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
qnap-tvsx72n-nas.jpg
The TVS-x72N series of tabletop tower NAS products are powered by Intel’s Core i3-8100T quad-core 3.1. GHz processor and are upgradeable up to 32 GB of DDR4 memory.

Available in 6-bay or 8-bay models, these new NAS products get a single 5GBASE-T LAN port for five-times faster throughput than conventional Gigabit network interfaces.

The two TVS-x72N models are:
  • TVS-672N-i3-4G: 6-bay, Intel Core i3-8100T quad-core 3.1. GHz processor, 4 GB RAM (2 GB x2)
  • TVS-872N-i3-8G: 8-bay, Intel Core i3-8100T quad-core 3.1 GHz processor, 8 GB RAM (4 GB x2)
For storage, aside from the hot-swappable 6-bay and 8-bay hard drive capacities, the TVS-x72N series also includes two M.2 SSD slots for PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSDs, and a PCI slot that can be used to add more solid-state storage via QNAPs QM2 expansion card. Using QNAP CacheMount, TVS-x72N models can also be used as hybrid cloud storage gateways, connecting the NAS devices to cloud storage solutions like Amazon Drive, box, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive and Azure.

Other TVS-x72N interfaces include one HDMI 2.0 port, one Type-A USB 3.0 port, two Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gbps ports, two Type-A USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gbps ports, one 3.5 mm dynamic mic jack and one 3.5 mm line-out audio jack.

Other features include HBS 3 with data deduplication, block-based snapshot protection, virtualization and containerization support, video surveillance support that provides eight free IP camera channels, and a two-year hardware warranty (a five-year warranty is optional).

The QNAP TVS-x72N series is available now. For more information, visit the TVS-x72N product page at qnap.com. Pricing for the two TVS-x72N models will be updated once we hear back from the vendor.