What's new

QNAP Releases New QTS for Turbo NAS with Official GNU Bash Patch Update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
QNAP® Systems, Inc. today released QTS 4.1.1 Build 1003 for its Turbo NAS lineup with an official GNU Bash patch update. QNAP’s security lab has verified QTS 4.1.1 Build 1003 and confirmed it has fixed all currently known Bash security vulnerabilities. All users (including those who have installed QTS 4.1.1 Build 0927 and Qfix 1.0.1) are strongly advised to upgrade their Turbo NAS to this QTS version.

Read the full announcement.

I got this in the email today

"As a contingency measure against the GNU Bash (Shellshock) vulnerability, we will temporarily suspend the myQNAPcloud DDNS service, starting at 4 pm, Oct 7, Taipei time (GMT+8; please refer to the following table for your region.) To protect your Turbo NAS from possible exploitations, we recommend that you update your NAS firmware to the latest version (QTS 4.1.1 Build 1003) immediately. To restore the DDNS service for your Turbo NAS after firmware update, please follow the below steps to restart the myQNAPcloud DDNS service."

I got this in the email today

"As a contingency measure against the GNU Bash (Shellshock) vulnerability, we will temporarily suspend the myQNAPcloud DDNS service, starting at 4 pm, Oct 7, Taipei time (GMT+8; please refer to the following table for your region.) To protect your Turbo NAS from possible exploitations, we recommend that you update your NAS firmware to the latest version (QTS 4.1.1 Build 1003) immediately. To restore the DDNS service for your Turbo NAS after firmware update, please follow the below steps to restart the myQNAPcloud DDNS service."

Do you have any additional info about the DDNS service restoration? I can't find anything so far on the web regarding this.

I'm currently making the rounds trying to get ahold of all my customers who have QNAP NASes.

Do you have any additional info about the DDNS service restoration? I can't find anything so far on the web regarding this.

I'm currently making the rounds trying to get ahold of all my customers who have QNAP NASes.

The email said that it will be disabled for all people and to install the new firmware, then re-enable the qnap cloud ddns.

The email said that it will be disabled for all people and to install the new firmware, then re-enable the qnap cloud ddns.

Thanks. While upgrading a customer this morning, he forwared me the Email he got from QNap on how to reinitialize the DDNS service.

Two customers done, got 5 or 6 more to go...