What's new

QNAP Takes Thunderbolt 3 Mobile For On-Road Media Production

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
qnap-tvs-1582tu.jpg
QNAP's TVS-1582TU is a 15-bay (9 x 3.5/2.5 HDD/SSD and 6 x 2.5 SSD) rack-mountable Thunderbolt 3 NAS designed for media production on the go, whether in a media vehicle or at off-site/on-location jobs.

A hybrid storage solution, the TVS-1582TU is powered by QNAP’s QTS 4.3 OS and uses the company’s Qtier technology to optimize storage between fast SSDs and larger capacity hard drives. The 2U rackmount NAS comes in two models, differing by processor and memory.

TVS-1582TU-i5-16G uses Intel’s Core i5-7500 3.4 GHz quad-core processor and 16 GB DDR4 RAM, while TVS-1582TU-i7-32G runs on a Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz quad-core processor and 32 GB DDR4 RAM. Both models’ memory are expandable to 64GB of RAM.

Additional interfaces on TVS-1582TU include four Thunderbolt 3 ports, two 10 GbE SFP+ ports, four GbE ports, one HDMI output, and eight USB ports (4 x 3.0 and 4 x 2.0). Storage expansion options for the TVS-1582TU include using up to six QNAP Thunderbolt enclosures (TX-800P or TX-500P), a QNAP USB enclosure (UX-1200U-RP, UX-800U-RP, UX-800P or UX-500P), and VJBOD that can used with other QNAP NAS products.

Pricing for the QNAP TVS-1582TU Thunderbolt 3 NAS was not given, however the product is available now.