What's new

QOS: bandwidth limiter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

On AC-R68R I go to Adaptive QOS, enable QOS, and select type = bandwidth limiter. Then for my iphone I limit download by 100Mb/s, upload by 20 Mb/s, and hit "apply".

Then I go to Network Map/View List, and I see that iphone uploads at 433 Mbps and downloads at 292 Mbps.

#1. Isn't it supposed to limit it?

#2. If I look at Traffic Analyzer/per-device real time, it shows zero traffic on iphone - while it shows above-menti0ned traffic in Network map. I wonder if it could be because iphone is connected to 5G network. Traffic Analyzer does show traffic for other devices.

#3. While iphone is consuming pretty much all bandwidth, and everyone else experiencing slowdown, I tried to play with QOS priorities, i.e. I assigned to iphone low priority, and to my desktop high priority. On the desktop I ran speedtest with and without this prioritization, and saw no difference whatsoever. I wonder, did anybody ever saw any effect from enabling and configuring QOS? it seems like it's not working at all.

Works fine on my 68U, and have been throttling my kid's devices since it was available in the last .56 (?) release.
Just to validate, I did a speedtest on my PC, which is unthrottled, and then set the QOS limits on it, hit Apply, waited a few moments, then re-ran the speedtest, and it was indeed throttled.

On AC-R68R I go to Adaptive QOS, enable QOS, and select type = bandwidth limiter. Then for my iphone I limit download by 100Mb/s, upload by 20 Mb/s, and hit "apply".

Then I go to Network Map/View List, and I see that iphone uploads at 433 Mbps and downloads at 292 Mbps.

#1. Isn't it supposed to limit it?

That's the link rate. It has nothing to do with the bandwidth limiter, which will limit the actual traffic rate.