What's new

qos glitch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I use an rt ac 88 u with Merlin firmware (17) . Today I noticed that under the qos setting VoIP and instant messaging setting is there twice and the setting that used to say other has disappeared. It is still there on the Android app but not on the GUI. Any suggestions short of a hard reset much appreciated. The thing is we don't even have a landline phone anymore so I don't even need the setting once let alone twice

I use an rt ac 88 u with Merlin firmware (17) . Today I noticed that under the qos setting VoIP and instant messaging setting is there twice and the setting that used to say other has disappeared. It is still there on the Android app but not on the GUI. Any suggestions short of a hard reset much appreciated. The thing is we don't even have a landline phone anymore so I don't even need the setting once let alone twice
You probably did what I did ant used the app to set QoS, it goes away after a a reboot if I remember correctly it's a bug because of the new QoS priorities that are in the new update form Asus.

You probably did what I did ant used the app to set QoS, it goes away after a a reboot if I remember correctly it's a bug because of the new QoS priorities that are in the new update form Asus.
Yes you are spot on I did set it via the app . I'll have to wait until the war office has her fill of streaming,, what we do in the shadows,, before I can do a reset. I'll keep you posted thanks

Ps I just noticed that you are from Australia to what state are you from? If you don't mind my asking

Either that or the app has updated with the new QoS categories ahead of the firmwares supporting it
Ok I'll see how I go after I do a reset Ps I have noticed that the app has changed like now it has the option for working from home etc but not on the GUI