What's new

QoS halves my connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sotodefonk

New Around Here
Hey just installed merlin 378.54_2 on my AC66W, and I have an issue while setting QoS.

My ISP connection is 200Mb/200Mb, and if I have QoS tuned off, I get 200/200 speed without issue.

If I turn On QoS, I put 200Mb for download and 200Mb for upload and apply changes, and without changing anything on the default settings, it halves my connection to 100Mb/100Mb. Tried to change all the QoS priorities to 100% but it still only connects to 100Mb.

If I turn OFF QoS, I get 200 Mb again without issues.

Is is a bug on the merlin firmware? or is it normal for the QoS to do that? I didn't test the QoS with the stock firmware simply checked it worked and installed merlin. Only my PC is connected ATM, so no other devices are using the internet.

Thanks in advance

Could be because with QoS on, hardware acceleration gets turned off automatically.

At 200/200, you shouldn't need QoS. I'm on Comcast XFinity with speeds of 180/12 and I have to have it off as well to get the full speeds.