What's new

QoS Upload and Download Speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarkyPancake

I just want to make sure I'm entering my upload and download speeds correctly for the Automatic Mode, so please can someone confirm that the two options are:

Mb/s = Megabits per second

Kb/s = Kilobits per second

So the value needs to be in bits and not bytes?

The reason I'm asking is last night I entered the values as Mb/s and then when it got near to finishing saving the change the up and down fields briefly contained values different to what I put in and the numbers had more digits before they reverted to the values I entered.

I'm on a 152 Mb down and 12 Mb up service if this helps.

Does this firmware have the ability to try to detect your speeds? If so I cannot see how to do it, because if I leave the fields blank or enter 0 it throws up a validation error asking for a value, then when I put in a value it uses what I've entered.

1. bits
2. no, it has this function before, but it's not precise, so it's removed
- suggest to use speedtest on your side
- firmware do traffic detect has some limitation, CPU / bandwidth / ctf / iptables input chain
3. qos can't set to zero, you must input a value after you use speedtest or ISP suggests what value you setup

So if I choose megabits and for arguments sake did get my ISP's advertised speed of 152 down and 12 up, this is what I would enter in the speed fields?

You can follow the ISP's advertised speed to setup your upload / download bandwidth, when you do testing, please check no any application is using, it will make your testing is not precise.
152 = 152Mbps? you need to transfer setting by yourself
if 152 MB/s = 152*8 Mbps
if 152 Kbps = 152 /1024 Mbps

My ISP advertises their speed in megabits per second, not megabytes, so 152 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up.