What's new

QTS 4.1.4 Build 0804 - for Intel, perhaps others

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Should prompt if/when you login to the QTS Desktop

============

QTS 4.1.4 Build 0804
( 2015/08/06 )
QTS4.1.4 Build 0804

[Bug Fixes]

- Fixed PPP vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-3310, CVE-2014-3158).

- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-4000, CVE-2015-1788, CVE-2015-1789, CVE-2015-1790, CVE-2015-1791, CVE-2015-1793 and CVE-2015-1792).

- Fixed a CGI vulnerability that could lead to unauthorized execution of arbitrary codes by remote users.

- Fixed the Logjam vulnerability (CVE-2015-4000) in Apache, ProFTPD, and OpenVPN.

- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities for the “Edit Account Profile” page, File Station, Syslog Viewer and System Connection Logs.
- Fixed the POODLE vulnerability (CVE-2014-3566) in ProFTPD.
- The system fails to convert between UIDs and GIDs from DCs and AD DCs.

- The system fails to initiate the Smart Fan when HDDs are overheating.
-
RAM usage abnormally spikes when domain users log in and log out.

- The system fails to load Pixlr Editor.

- The system fails to fetch the directory ID for folder permissions in File Station.

- The system does not show the correct message after users manually stop LUN snapshot tasks.

- The system fails to sync the recycle bins between the source and destination in a RTRR task.

- The system fails to fetch the entire IP address when users share files in File Station.

- The system fetches an incorrect photo timestamp.

- The system fails to store data in the correct location, causing ram disk full errors when using Twonky Media server.

- The system fails to identify special characters (ex. @#$) in domain group names.

- The system fails to fetch passwords if they contain “<” (ex. H

- The system fails to identify a local IP, causing file sharing to fail in File Station if users log in from a non-gateway LAN port.

- The system rebuilds shared folders each time the folder property is changed, causing File Station to hang.

I've already updated a few QNAP models to this latest firmware without issues.

Many, many fixes that should not be ignored. :)

Thanks for letting others know.

I've already updated a few QNAP models to this latest firmware without issues.

Many, many fixes that should not be ignored. :)

Thanks for letting others know.

For the security fixes alone - it's worth updating.

As always, might consider a backup and reboot, just in case ;)

sfx

A reboot is a must (most of the systems were running for 60 days or more and QTS warns about rebooting first) and a backup goes without saying - but we have to repeat it for the first timers continuously, right. :)

And just in case the release notes are pulled...

QTS 4.2 is the final major firmware release for the following NAS models:

• TS-410U
  • TS-412U
  • TS-410,
  • TS-112,
  • TS-212,
  • TS-412,
  • TS-110,
  • TS-219,
  • TS-210,
  • TS-119,
  • TS-419U,
  • TS-419P,
  • SS-439 Pro,
  • SS-839 Pro,
  • TS-239H,
  • TS-239 Pro,
  • TS-439 Pro,
  • TS-439U-RP/ SP,
  • TS-639 Pro,
  • TS-509 Pro,
  • TS-809 Pro,
  • TS-809U-RP

Thanks for that link. I did enjoy reading it. Is there an ETA for QTS 4.2 final?

The way that it's looking - Q4-2016 :D

Actually, seems to be sooner than later, maybe sometime in the Aug/Sept 2015 timeframe

Some are watching this one closely - while they say it's 4.2, it's more akin to a major release, not a point release... in many ways this should really be QTS 5.0, not 4.2...

...slick new user interface...

Didn't they already re-design it not that long ago, with 4.0? :)

Can't say I'm a fan of the Mac desktop-alike UI of 4.0, I felt more at ease with 3.x personally.

4.1.4 is very smooth and stable. I like it.

Didn't they already re-design it not that long ago, with 4.0? :)

Can't say I'm a fan of the Mac desktop-alike UI of 4.0, I felt more at ease with 3.x personally.

I wouldn't exactly call it Mac like - it's more like a tablet UI (think iPad/Android) - in any event, all the tools are still there, just discovery can be a challenge...

I wouldn't exactly call it Mac like - it's more like a tablet UI (think iPad/Android) - in any event, all the tools are still there, just discovery can be a challenge...

The brushed metal skin they apply reminded me a lot of OS X from a few years ago, in addition to the layer (window) widgets.

Will be interesting to see which look they went for with 4.2.0 (I don't have any QNAP at hand to test it on, all my QNAPs are deployed at customer's offices).