What's new

QTS 4.2.0 build 0101

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Description Edition Attachment size Start time Download
TS-469 Pro/TS-469L
4.2.0 build 0101
170 MB 2016/01/04
Europe
USA
Global
Note :
QTS4.2.0 Build 0101

[Bug Fixes]

- Fixed an issue where the NAS would not accept a domain group's name if it contains special characters.
- Fixed an issue where email notifications would be disabled when using 2-step verification if there is no username & password set in the SMTP server.
- Fixed an issue where testing a RTRR job would fail when creating a job to backup files from local to remote via CIFS.
- Fixed an issue where the profile folder would have two IDs with the access right of 3000001 after the domain users setup profiles.
- Fixed an issue where after detaching a JBOD, its image in Storage Manager will remain in chassis view.
- Fixed an issue where after installing CloudLink and rebooting the NAS, the System Event Logs will display a "..file system is not clean.." message.
- Fixed an issue where the progress would be stuck at "0" when relaunching Storage Manager and entering "Storage Space" page when using Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed an issue where after enabling advanced folder permissions in the Control Panel, File Station would show an error message in the right-panel Permission tab.
- Fixed an issue where File Station would show an error message when sharing files with more than one person and sending an email link via the NAS.
- OpenSSL has been updated to 1.0.0t/ 1.0.1q
- Fixed an issue where the UI may freeze when selecting "Win/Mac/NFS" in "Control Panel" > "Network Services".
- Fixed an issue where the Expand Capacity button will be enabled before changing any drive in Storage Manager.
- Fixed an issue where an increasing amount of system RAM will be displayed while copying a large number of small files to the NAS.
- Fixed an issue where the unallocated size will change after taking snapshots, copying some files, then rebooting the NAS.
- Fixed an issue where the content of encrypted folders are not included in snapshots.
- Fixed an issue where the system will fail to create a snapshot replica job to a remote NAS when there is a special character ')' in the password.
- Fixed an issue where there is nothing shown in Background Tasks after Snapshot Replica is executed.
- Fixed an issue where the system log shows "The file system is not clean...." when rebooting with various apps launched and RTRR in process.
- Fixed an issue where the Media Library would occasionally show incomplete file information when changing the iTunes media folder to the NAS multimedia folder.
- Fixed an issue where the WebDAV connection would fail after the HTTPS port is changed to 443.
- Fixed an issue where the content page of songs would be cleared when uploading specific MP3 files.
- Fixed an issue where the AFP connection would be interrupted when connecting through an encrypted folder.
- Fixed an issue where files would be incompletely moved when repeatedly moving files between a shared folder and an external folder in File Station.

Interesting, have a TS-453 pro running the 1118 release from last November. When I go to Live Update in control panel it says running current firmware. When I check qnap web site it shows version 0101 available. Thought the live update function would have picked up on that and threw a notification.
Think I'll stay on the 1118 version for now.

Seems like you don't need any of the fixes that QTS 4.2.0 build 0101 offers?

I would at least look into the change log to see if any of the issues affect you.

And I would not trust the auto update feature (at all).

I would at least look into the change log to see if any of the issues affect you.

I have the 212P and the auto update was showing no updates available. I was still getting the error message saying that the file system was not clean (which was supposed to have been fixed with the November update) so I decided to check manually to see if there were any updates available and I ended up installing the 0101 update available. The error message is no longer there and my NAS is running very well.

Looks like I'll have to more closely check the change log. Having scanned it briefly, at first, didn't see anything pertaining to my system.

It's weird, it's like they didn't provide the update info correctly - could be a web site issue perhaps...

the 0101 update runs fine on my TS-453Pro - but I noticed that on the download page, there's no log entry for that build - maybe someone got in a hurry and missed that one due to CES preps after the holiday break?

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 5.06.54 PM.png

Anyways, I'm expecting a bug-fix release here shortly in any event due to some issues with SSH, Virt, and Kernel issues that should be fixed tuit suite...

Here is the log for the TS-212P:

TS-212/TS-212-E/TS-212P
2016-01-04
4.2.0 build 0101
QTS4.2.0 Build 0101

[Bug Fixes]

- Fixed an issue where the NAS would not accept a domain group's name if it contains special characters.
- Fixed an issue where email notifications would be disabled when using 2-step verification if there is no username & password set in the SMTP server.
- Fixed an issue where testing a RTRR job would fail when creating a job to backup files from local to remote via CIFS.
- Fixed an issue where the profile folder would have two IDs with the access right of 3000001 after the domain users setup profiles.
- Fixed an issue where after detaching a JBOD, its image in Storage Manager will remain in chassis view.
- Fixed an issue where after installing CloudLink and rebooting the NAS, the System Event Logs will display a "..file system is not clean.." message.
- Fixed an issue where the progress would be stuck at "0" when relaunching Storage Manager and entering "Storage Space" page when using Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed an issue where after enabling advanced folder permissions in the Control Panel, File Station would show an error message in the right-panel Permission tab.
- Fixed an issue where File Station would show an error message when sharing files with more than one person and sending an email link via the NAS.
- OpenSSL has been updated to 1.0.0t/ 1.0.1q
- Fixed an issue where the UI may freeze when selecting "Win/Mac/NFS" in "Control Panel" > "Network Services".
- Fixed an issue where the Expand Capacity button will be enabled before changing any drive in Storage Manager.
- Fixed an issue where an increasing amount of system RAM will be displayed while copying a large number of small files to the NAS.
- Fixed an issue where the unallocated size will change after taking snapshots, copying some files, then rebooting the NAS.
- Fixed an issue where the content of encrypted folders are not included in snapshots.
- Fixed an issue where the system will fail to create a snapshot replica job to a remote NAS when there is a special character ')' in the password.
- Fixed an issue where there is nothing shown in Background Tasks after Snapshot Replica is executed.
- Fixed an issue where the system log shows "The file system is not clean...." when rebooting with various apps launched and RTRR in process.
- Fixed an issue where the Media Library would occasionally show incomplete file information when changing the iTunes media folder to the NAS multimedia folder.
- Fixed an issue where the WebDAV connection would fail after the HTTPS port is changed to 443.
- Fixed an issue where the content page of songs would be cleared when uploading specific MP3 files.
- Fixed an issue where the AFP connection would be interrupted when connecting through an encrypted folder.
- Fixed an issue where files would be incompletely moved when repeatedly moving files between a shared folder and an external folder in File Station.