What's new

QTS 4.2 Release Candidate 3 is now available for download

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just an FYI, now up to RC4 which was just released.

Well, considering that they just threw out a QTS 4.1.4 update release this week - perhaps it'll be a while...

Seems like less changes though going into RC3 and RC4...

No, they still need to keep the QTS 4.1 branch updated and secure too.

I think QTS 4.2 is effectively ready, they're just bidding their time to not rush it out.

I would say it is getting closer to ready, but still a fair amount of issues being reported in the qnap forum (and experienced by myself).

I would say it is getting closer to ready, but still a fair amount of issues being reported in the qnap forum (and experienced by myself).

Could you point me to that thread? Ty.

Here is one thread about it, but I am sure there are others.

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=114783

I have had weird DataVol issues for the last 2-3 RC's. QNAP basically has said what for final release as they don't have a fix right now.

I have had weird DataVol issues for the last 2-3 RC's. QNAP basically has said what for final release as they don't have a fix right now.

Yikes, this is a bit scary - glad to say that I clicked "no" on the offer on the recent QTS 4.1.4 update...

and I'm assuming 'wait' not 'what' in your post ;)

I always wait 3-6 months before I revisit the decision to adopt or skip a rev. For most all computer stuff.

So far so good. Everything seems to be running smooth.

I'll report back if anything changes.

QTS 4.2 went GA release earlier this week - so seems like they fixed some of the gating issues on the earlier release candidate builds...

I have flashed over, but that was after a reboot (QTS 4.1.4) and full backup - so far 4.2 looks ok, but as SteveCH mentioned, might be prudent to let others take the point and see where things land...

Maybe even wait for the inevitable 4.2.1 bug fix release.