What's new

[Question] Issue assigning priorities on Adaptive QoS & Smart QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

Lately I'm unable to move (Drag & Drop) the priority boxes on Chrome or IE to assign levels.
Does someone knows why or had that problem and could solve it?

I'm getting mad figuring why? Because I always could on Chrome (never on IE)

Thanks in advance

Replied through TapaTalk

Last edited:
I never had problems with previous firmware (on IE11) but with the current (6065) I have to refresh several times the page to get the mouse to move the boxes rather than highlighting text in the page. After few tries it works.

This is on a Surface Pro device, while on a normal desktop PC I have no problem at all (IE11).

So, may be its just a matter of graphic/resolution settings?

Last edited:
I didn't try refreshing several times on my PC to see if that helps, I'll continue checking with other PC's and see if it's just mine (maybe a browser setting, don't know) or I have to report that. Because with previous releases never had a problem at all with that

Replied through TapaTalk

I have tried several times and didn't work for me... I'm still unable to move priority boxes :S

I have tried several times and didn't work for me... I'm still unable to move priority boxes :S

After hard reset the AC 87RU defaults to GAMING as the priority on QOS. I always have to move the boxes the way I want. Luck of the draw maybe but never had a problem. I always do hard reset, manual config, get new i.p assigned for the Asus router from our enterprise class router, then flash the firmware a second time. I can move the boxes around no problemo with 6065. Try FireFox, I.E. or another browser NOT Chrome?

Last edited:
After hard reset the AC 87RU defaults to GAMING as the priority on QOS. I always have to move the boxes the way I want. Luck of the draw maybe but never had a problem. I always do hard reset, manual config, get new i.p assigned for the Asus router from our enterprise class router, then flash the firmware a second time. I can move the boxes around no problemo with 6065. Try FireFox, I.E. or another browser NOT Chrome?

I don't have problem with those boxes, I have problem with the priorities "high", "med", etc. located on the Adaptive QoS tab where you assign priorities for each device.

Here's an example, I cannot assign a priority to my gaming PC.

(Also tried with IE8; 11, Chrome x64 v42, SWIRON chromium 42 x32bit)

4JrCHiE.png

Last edited:
I don't have problem with those boxes, I have problem with the priorities "high", "med", etc. located on the Adaptive QoS tab where you assign priorities for each device.

Here's an example, I cannot assign a priority to my gaming PC.

(Also tried with IE8; 11, Chrome x64 v42, SWIRON chromium 42 x32bit)

Hi, I've never used that feature, but I can drag and drop priorities to various devices and the color around the icons change as per your screen shot but I have not tried to click the Apply Button below to enable. Clicking APPLY does nothing for you?

Last edited:
You cannot assign rules to adaptive QoS and hardware acceleration. Adaptive QoS is supposed to be automatic while if you were to assign rules than it would not be adaptive.

Hi, I've never used that feature, but I can drag and drop priorities to various devices and the color around the icons change as per your screen shot but I have not tried to click the Apply Button below to enable. Clicking APPLY does nothing for you?

Apply works, but the problem is that I'm not always able to drag the priority boxes (the ones with colors) and drop it on the device I want to. After several refreshes it allows me to move those boxes so I can apply them.

You cannot assign rules to adaptive QoS and hardware acceleration. Adaptive QoS is supposed to be automatic while if you were to assign rules than it would not be adaptive.
I'm not looking on assigning rules to adaptive QoS (for that I would make use of smart QoS or Common QoS rules), I know that I can't. I'm looking to assign device priorities in the LAN/WAN and for that you need to drag and drop the priority boxes into each device, and once coloured apply those.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!