What's new

[Question] Issue updating RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

A friend of mine has bought the AC68U and he follows my steps for updating the firmware, but he is stating that after updating it, once it boots up, the firmware version is still the one that came with the router, and not the one I provided him (378_6065)

Anyone knows if there's a previous firmware required before updating into this version or what could be happening?

Thanks!

Using ASUS OEM firmware, if the current level is earlier than 376_3626, you must load that firmware first before moving to a 378 level.

Using ASUS OEM firmware, if the current level is earlier than 376_3626, you must load that firmware first before moving to a 378 level.
Yes, it's on a .374_xxxx.
So I have to go to 3.0.0.4.376.3626 to then jump to the latest one?

Thanks, I'll let him know that asap!

Just as an FYI....that is a one time update and is backward compatible. So after the update, you can load any firmware level, including going back to a 374 level if you ever needed to.

Good to know, thanks!

If Asus were to ever remove 376_3626 from their website, you can also accomplish the same upgrade by using the latest version of my firmware. I keep it small enough to fit within 32 MB, so it should still be flashable regardless of the current bootloader version - and it will take care of upgrading it to the new bootloader, allowing you to flash newer versions of Asus's stock FW.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!