What's new

Questions about The Connections Log....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Swistheater

Very Senior Member
upload_2019-5-24_18-6-17.png

why would a device be trying to access a private IP address from my network....

upload_2019-5-24_18-7-37.png

mysteriously here it is trying to set the time as well ---- note I have NTP redirect enabled....

What is the device at 192.168.1.246?

I suspect an app on 192.168.1.246 is trying to connect to a device it used to connect to when the app was on a different network.

It is a computer

10.0.0.1 is a commonly used IP address for gateway, modem, and other devices. You will have to ascertain what app on that computer is attempting to make that connection.
I figured that, I found it odd to see it on the list like that. I even double checked my servers and no connection was being made to those note none of them use that ip though. I think maybe that the router just didnt know how to notate the connection, so it must have used that as symbolic for a connection it was attempting to make but couldnt, at least this is what I hope.

It looks like it's because your WAN has gone down and you have "Redirect to error page" set on the router which redirects your browser to 10.0.0.1.

It looks like it's because your WAN has gone down and you have "Redirect to error page" set on the router which redirects your browser to 10.0.0.1.
Now that make sense.