What's new

Quick Question re ASUS Email

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redsquirrelmeister

New Around Here
Got my first email from ASUS in years of use

ASUS is releasing a firmware update for selected routers. Our most recent firmware update contains enhanced security protections against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure of data, malware, phishing and DDoS attacks.

I assume an rmerlin version will follow in the not too distant future

Got my first email from ASUS in years of use

ASUS is releasing a firmware update for selected routers. Our most recent firmware update contains enhanced security protections against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure of data, malware, phishing and DDoS attacks.

I assume an rmerlin version will follow in the not too distant future

Which router are you talking about? RMerlin probably already has it incorporated in the latest Alpha. :)

I think he is referring to this communication from Asus from 5/16. I received an email last Friday with the same content urging those with certain routers to upgrade to the latest firmware. Click on 5/16/19 communication and you'll get some details on the routers involved:

https://www.asus.com/Static_WebPage/ASUS-Product-Security-Advisory/